Recent Suicide in the Community

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Kim Novak, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kim Novak

Kim Novak Well-Known Member

There was a recent suicide in the community and I'm feeling triggered. I supposed to be watching out for others, but no one is watching out for me, as they don't know.
  2. Moat

Moat Banned Member

I am very sorry to hear that, were they close to you, do you mind me asking?
    I know it can be difficult, and it feels like no one ever watches out for us other people, but perhaps this is a good opportunity for you to have a good long talk with someone about, it does not have to be anything too deep or personal, just someone like an school guidance counsellor (if you are in school) or your boss/ a work colleague (if you are in the work force) than can lend you their ear.
    It is no good to keep everything bottled up inside, it sometimes feels good to swallow those feelings, but sooner or later, they boil to the surface out of the blue.

Give us a shout any time you ever want to talk, about what is going on in life or just to pass the time. I am cheering for you.

dando dango^^
  3. Kim Novak

Kim Novak Well-Known Member

I did not know the young girl, but it is a very high profile death. I'm afraid to tell anyone what I am feeling. I have shared these thoughts in the past, and my feelings were dismissed. I was told, "Oh, you'll be fine." I'm not fine.
  4. Moat

Moat Banned Member

You are more than welcome to share your thoughts and feelings about such things here, on any subject, really, without fear or ridicule; that is what SF is all about, after all. We are all here to help each other out and anything you say is always treated with respect.

I think I know who it is you are talking about though, and if I am right, yes, it really is a very sad thing indeed, that that had to have happened. :-(

dango dango^^
  5. Samara

Samara Account Closed

If you are speaking about Amanda Todd.... then I am feeling upset about it too. Her facebook memorial page has just exploded with completely cruel bullying, harassment, and graphic related posts/comments.

I am trying to take the page down, but Facebook is not really doing much... I have now gone to 7+ news outlets with my details of what is happening, because the message that bullying is not OK is still not reaching people, and the message that we should be working on suicide prevention (not encouraging it, or acting like it's not an issue) is also still not reaching people.

It IS appropriate for you to be upset... over the death of someone, especially when it's tragic. Does not matter if you never met the person, or only read about it in a story after.... there is a reason the story is beyond told, there is a reason it is gaining spotlights in the newsworld.... because it's showing that our society is slipping, it's showing that we still have work to do... it's showing a flaw that we can fix or work on as a society.
  6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

What happened to this poor child is unthinkable, but what can we do for ourselves and others to be the support and caring she might have lacked? Please PM me if I can be that support for you
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.