Recently Raped and Suffering

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Ann Marie, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann Marie

Ann Marie New Member

Hello,
    I'm looking for some support. I was raped in January and besides my doctor there are very few people who know. To make a long story short, I am suffering from PTSD very bad and I'm on medication. I'm feeling very depressed and have had thougs of ending my life. I'm afraid of my family finding out and so I'm scared to reach out for help. Will someone please talk with me?

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hey Ann Marie, I'm so sorry this happened to you :hug: Don't be scared to reach out for help, you need to talk about this, and let all the pain out. You can talk to me if you need to chat, I'll be here to listen.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOur family will help you get the supports the councilling you need hun Please do not hide the way you feel from them. You keep talking to us ok it helps hugs

4. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Glad you found us. PTSD is tough. Ask your doctor to refer you on to therapist with experience in PTSD. Remember that the terrifying symptoms are the normal response to an abnormal event.

5. Mercedez

Mercedez Banned Member

Your not alone <3 * hugs to you hun

6. lelantgirl

lelantgirl Well-Known Member

Hi Ann Marie
    I was sexually abused as a child and raped as an adult, so know a little how you might be feeling right now. Am here if you would like to talk on personal message or here, feel free. Take Care xx

7. INFERIOR LADY

INFERIOR LADY Active Member

I am so terribly PAINED for those of you who have been sexually assaulted! Especially as CHILDREN!:sorry: How REPULSIVE! :grey: I hope one of these days that pedophiles(which are filthier than crap) GET THE DEATH PENALTY!!! :mad2: I wish that killing all child abusers wasn't against the law! It would be nice too if rapist men or women got raped everyday in prison! :tranquillity: But PLEASE do NOT harm yourself hun! Please get help instead!:concern:

8. Mayflower7

Mayflower7 Banned Member

Hi Ann-Marie,
    I am so very sorry, sweetheart is wasn't your fault. Your family should be supporting you, please reach out for help on here or with anyone. Don't let him damage you more, you will get your life back. Please don't hurt yourself. Are you able to discuss ? You were not at fault and you are not alone. I am hear for you anytime.
    Take care
    Kate

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
  9. Mayflower7

Mayflower7 Banned Member

Hi Inferior Lady,
    Sexual abuse, any sexual violence is horrific, to do this to someone you are indeed sick and need treatment. Many factors cause sexual abuse, violence in the home/sexual violence to the abuser as a child. It becomes a vicious cycle of abuse, alcoholism can be a cause and also mental health problems. Many abusers are obsessed with sexual matters and can't stop themselves. Some abusers witness parents abusing other siblings, and think it is what happens in other homes. Violence doesn't help, I want all children protected and much better awareness of sexual abuse, any abuse.
    Some parents use sexual violence as a form of discipline/control. Society needs to stop this happening, people need to report abuse and help those that can't ie neighbours, others involved with children etc.
    I would never want someone raped as a punishment, it is wrong I feel.
    I am not trying to upset anyone, I am a victim, so I do understand. Thanks for caring about this subject however.
    Thanks
    Kate

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
  10. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

Marie, sorry to hear what happened to you, but please don't end your life because of it. its better your family finding out than you ending your life. if you do, they will go through hell on earth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.