Recipies for life?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lostboy, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostboy

lostboy Well-Known Member

Hello, I'm just really in a shitty mood... I've become so alienated. Ever since about yr 11 at school I havn't had any freinds... those that I make now are pretty superficial - and I'm very bad and slow at making them...

I'm getting frustrated with myself I hate the way I am... 'spastic' is the most common term for it... sigh... I'm such a XXX around other people. I'm getting to the point where I think I'll just buy a motorbike and ride it off a cliff to make it look like an accident... FUCK

Does anyone have any good recipies for life?
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2008
  2. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

I often wish I could drive off a cliff. It's a difficult time. Serenity is the primary ingredient for a healthy life. Others will disagree, of course, but I find serenity in knowing God. I lose the serenity when I abandon or forget about God, when I don't believe He is the answer to my life questions, when I question His wisdom.

Peace be with you.
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I don't know that I have any good recipies for life, but I want to encourage you to keep trying. Perhaps if you watch how other people interact with each other and see what is socially accepted behavior and what isn't and then model that. It may be awkward at first, but as you practice it will become habit and be ingrained into your behaviors. Maybe you could join some types of groups with people sharing the same interests as you do. There are therapists that can assist you in public relations and humanities. This may also benefit you. There are also self help books if you like to read. i hope I have at lest provided you with something to think about. Let us know how you are doing. :hug:
  4. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

recipies for life, hmm, thats a hard one.

it all comes down to the individual really, there are many things that could help with how you are and feel, but what works for you is down to who you are.

finding something or somewhere that is peaceful where you can go / do can help, get yourself away from stressful situations for a time is always good. for me i like to go fishing, occupies me but is quiet.

work can also help, gets you away and gives you something to distract you from whatever your problems are. i found that concentrating on my work and giving myself a challenge gave me a sense of belonging and achievement.

having a routine whilst on your own may help, i live on my own so i have to do everything myself from housework to shopping to paying bills, these are just simple things but ones that are a part of life and have to be done.

hobbies and interests are a distraction, whether its clubs etc or simple things like reading, keep fit etc etc. thats down to the individual.

social intteraction with others, this is a hard one as some are more anxious about mixing with others but if it can be done this is a good one. it helps to make friends, build up a social circle and ultimatly will help you break out of the cycle of self distruction.

recipies for life, well basically its all about living life as much as you can and getting as much out of it as you can. take things slowly one day at a time.

death is never the answer but i understand how you feel.
    what you make of your life is down to you.

stay safe
  5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Compassion...I find it goes such a long way, and always leaves me feeling better...big hugs, J
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.