Recommended BPD Hospitals

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Constantinos, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Constantinos

Constantinos Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

Its been a long time since I've come to these forums, its due to me being in a extremely bad condition and i have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder.

I've found out that i can go to Priory in the UK for a 3-month therapy period - what does everyone else think? Are there any alternative clinics in UK?

2. TheOncomingStorm

TheOncomingStorm Well-Known Member

In my experience... Priory...totally overrated and expensive! (although i wasn't paying - my place was funded, but my place cost £800 per night.) Theres lots of hospitals around the UK that psychiatrists can get you into.. Depends what setting you need really. Priory's are open wards but there are secure ones too - I was in another hospital and that was really good, but it was low secure (the step up from open is quite major) But im speaking as an adolescent and i know care for adolescent is different to adult so my point may just be invalid :L

3. Constantinos

Constantinos Well-Known Member

I'm not living in the UK so i don't have access to ask psychiatrists :)

In Cyprus i was recommended to go to Priory by a couple of people, i did go for my assessment last week and now i am trying to decide whether i should go or not for 3-months as an in-patient. Open ward is fine and better for my case at least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.