Recovered

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by prada, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prada

prada New Member

I would like to share my experience with you all. For years i felt as if i didn't belong (a square peg in a round hole). When i was younger i drank too much so my parents sent me to AA and that was fine for a couple of years even though i didn't believe i needed that but i knew that it was more of a mental issue than a drinking issue. So about two years ago, i felt really low and i tried to take my own life (overdose) because i was suffering from Post Natal Depression and i didn't know that is what i had and then that didnt work, i crashed my car (that didn't work neither) so i let my son go and live with his father because i never bonded with him and it was killing me inside. I felt like an excuse for a mother. I was pretty suicidal for a while i thought everybody would be so much better off without me, i felt like a huge burden on people. I hated myself so much inside and out. I was a disaster when it came to relationships, and i didn't want myself let alone anybody else. I felt like i deserved to be punished so i sliced my arms, because it took the pain that i felt on the inside away. At one point i was going to leave but i couldn't do that to my son, i know that if i had left i wouldn't have been able to live with myself and i would have killed myself. In the meantime i met an abusive man because i felt so low about myself and i let him abuse me and i felt like i deserved it. One morning i woke up and decided to change my life around, i started to think that i was better than this. I got my son back but in the meantime i descovered i was pregnant and then i had my baby and i have bonded with my new baby and it helped me bond with my other son too and we have a fantastic relationship now. I love them both so much and i wouldn't be without them. Being a single mother is very hard but now i don't have time to think about myself and although life is tough there are great rewards in the end of it. The rest is history.

I thought i would share that as i am new here.

2. Jackson

Jackson Guest

that's quite a journey, congrats, i'm sure if you continue to pour your love into your kids and love yourself and let them love you and love love love love love(joking), life will continue to get better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.