Recovery experience

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by KimKim, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KimKim

KimKim Well-Known Member

hey guys^^
    since a few weeks i go to see my psychologist weekly and according to her and to my own perception i make good progress.
    At first i felt stupid doing my exercises and stuff...but actually they work!
    I was scared of the therapy because she asked me to think about if i was willing to change aspects of this catch-22 in order to get out of it. (we had worked out a map op feelings, perceptions, thoughts and habits that shows up the circle)
    I wasn't in fact...but then she told me, that what she wanted to change weren't my habits, but my thoughts. So I wasn't too scared anymore.
    And yeah...works pretty well^^
    Still loosing weight and stuff...but i feel better and somehow i feel like eating becomes more comfortable to me and i even agreed to try to reduce the times i weight myself (^-^)b
    I'm kind of proud, you see xD

Does someone of you maybe want to share his or her experiences with eating disorder treatment?

I've started a therapy before when I was about 14...but because of self harm and depression but me and my therapist didn't get along with each other. it was no help at all ~.~

So yeah...what do you think about therapies?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

glad to hear you therapist and you are working so well together and you are feeling better. My T also wants to work with my thinking change it a bit up Hope you continue to do so well hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.