red dream (may trigger)

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by Lorax, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

I don't care. My face is stone cold, yet my passion is burning. I want to help, but I'm not listening to my friends pleas. I have much bigger dreams. I see the underlying issue. Tried telling, but no one takes me seriously.

I'm dreaming of red. Uniting the people of the world, feeding the poor, but if I say too much police come knocking on my door. Freedom is pointless to me. If it's at the edge of a star spangled bomb. But my community thinks I'm wrong.

If only they could see. They're in love with the chains that hold them in place. There's no way to express my deep despair. True revolution comes from revelations, not guerilla warfare. It's killing me, yet I'm supposed to die silently, working hard to keep up with society's puppet dignity.

United in arms, tools in our hands. We don't need Haliburton to build a new land. A movement of peace and love. Uniting the people, feeding the hungry, such a strange notion in a world of greed. One day maybe the world will be ready to be lead. Until then, I keep dreaming in red.

adamsky, Brian777 and ThePhantomLady like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.