red heads

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Just_a_Kid, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Just_a_Kid

Just_a_Kid Guest

Is it just me or do we have a fucking disadvantage to the world,
    we get treated worse, we're never the favourite, people target us because where different to everyone else. I've just left school the other week and we all decided to have a little party type gathering as a last goodbye before prom cause not many of us are going and a bunch of, want of better word here,chav targeted me and a friends cause we were the only red heads there, shes got kicked a lot and when i stood up for her i was hospitalised, I've spoken to the kid since asked him why he did it, he told me it was because we were ginger, that we don't deserve to live, it was a good job we was outside a pub at the time. I'm not a violent person and that was the first time I hit anyone. Now I feel worse with myself for hitting him.

2. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

:hug:

These people really aren't worth worrying about. And don't worry about hitting that one person either - you could have been saving your friend's life.

PS: I actually find redheads to be hot, but there you go.

3. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

I was bullied for being a red head, it's one of the stupidest reasons ever for picking on someone (not there are any good reasons for doing that). It kinda borders on rascism.

And yeah, red heads are hot :wink:

4. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

i dont know if it's just a UK thing or not but I have never been attacked for my red hair and ive had it all my life lol

5. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

I don't have red hair personally, but several of my friends do and they get picked on for it.

Also, though, I agree with the previous posters. Red hair is sexy.

6. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

it's odd b/c everyone here loves my red hair. I live in the US. I have never heard of anyone getting picked on it. Red hair is rare and it's beautiful

7. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

It might be a UK thing, because several of my friends have red hair, and no one picks on them, plus, red hair is awesome.

8. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

personally, i like red-heads:)lol really i do. red heads are beautiful ppl:biggrin:

9. Adeline

Adeline Well-Known Member

If anyone hassles you because your hair is red, they are either a) jealous or b) completely pathetic. Either way, don't waste your time with them. You deserve much better than that type of crap.

10. Sakura

Sakura Well-Known Member

I've always thought that red-heads were some of the coolest-looking people in the world! :laugh:
    Especially if they had freckles...and they were from Ireland...then they could do no wrong in my eyes XD

But I'm truly sorry love, to hear about how difficult it has been for you growing up with what to many other people, is a truly beautiful feature :hug:

Don't let the ignorant idiots get you down...they're obviously fools who wouldn't know true beauty if it up, and walloped them upside the head :hug:

:rose:

11. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Mmm actually Australia must be similiar to the U.K, because I remember red heads coping shit when I was at school, its really lame, and I have to say that red headed girls didnt seem to do as well with the guys

Most of the harrassment/bullying that goes on at that age is stupid. As for school? God I hated school with a passion, many a vision of burning the fucking place down, and everyone in it.

You shouldnt notice it as much when you leave though.

12. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Now this is really really odd. I have very red hair and everyone has always loved it:eek:hmy: Rather than being a hinderance it has definetly been an asset!!!:smile:
    I know guys hate having red hair, but like Kells I've always been told mine is lovely. Does the shade of red make a difference you think:blink::unsure:

13. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

ya like a dark red is better I guess, bright red heads fair the worse...at least thats the way it is here...as for guys, I think its much the same, although red headed guys here is pretty rare id have to say.

14. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

Red hair is absolutely gorgeous....

Oh God, yes... :drool: :laugh:

Seriously though, I know red heads always got shit at school. Even I got called "ginger" as if it was an insult and most people call me blonde :blink: (I say strawberry-blonde myself, it gets redder in the winter and blonder in the summer :smile:). I always thought it was ridiculous, and it makes me so sad when red-heads dye their hair. What a waste!! :eek:hmy:

15. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

This is strange to me. I have always had red hair, and I get complimented on it all the time. My brother also has very bright orange hair and it looks great on him. His friends usually call him "Red" or "Irish". Try not to let this get you down. When you are older, I bet you will love it. Until then , just realize how stupid it is for people to make fun of somebody's hair color.

16. Greenforest

Greenforest Well-Known Member

What the fuck is wrong with UK? I heard about redheads being disliked in Britain but I thought it was a joke. Is there some special British cultural background for it or what's the point? I don't think those insulters are that retarded they still think redheads are witches who should be burnt?

And that chav, what a wimp, beating up girls? No man should ever beat females. Hair colour as a reason to attack just makes him more pathetic. And how can guys like him at the same time be some much "against racism" with their hip-hop stuff when they self are worst racists and bullies?

17. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I've heard of teasing and bullying and all that associated with red hair, its just so silly. It is a rare trait right? I've barely seen any red-heads in my life but that makes it all the more exotic and cool to me. :smile:
    And every red haired person I'd read about or seen have always been beautiful, interesting, feiry, all the good traits.