Regaining My Lost Friendship

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Keiran, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

I don't have much friends but I did have one group of friends I always hung out with, and they were all I had. I made a mistake and now I'm left with nothing. Maybe someone could tell me how to fix this because I haven't left my house in probably a couple months except for school and to the store a couple times.

So here's what happened. So this whole thing happened where I kinda liked this girl, but I didn't really know her well. I told my friends I was gonna ask her out, but I didn't really think I was actually going to do it. Turns out my friend just started talking to her and at this point he is going out with her. So this happened last school year. Over the summer I pretended to be mad at them after playing on xbox one night. I said I wasn't talking to them and I figured they knew I was joking. The only person who knew I was joking and thought it was funny was a kid that I only know through one of those friends and I only knew him online. So then, joking around, I went to send the girl a little message. I realized it was a bad idea, but when I asked another person in the group of friends, he told me to do it. Let's just say I called her a bitch and said among other things. So my friend was mad that I said that to his girl. I had realized I had taken it to far. He told me to apologize to her, so I went ahead and did.

To this day, he is not mad at me, in fact he said he was only mad like right when it happened, but afterwards he was fine. So when we see eachother at school we say what's up and all but we don't hang out. Then the kid that told me to send that message, he said he is disappointed in me and now he's not my friend. He said I blamed it on him but really I told him that he told me to do it but it was all my fault. But still were not friends. Then there is one last friend in that group that wouldn't tell me why he was mad at me too but then he randomly said I blamed it on him. So I don't know what to do about that...

Anyways so that's what happened and I really screwed up so how can I get them to be my friends? It makes no sense because the one it really affected is the only one not mad at me.
  2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I guess there are some things you could try to fix things, but if that doesn't work out, then I guess you have to look for new friends.

Is the girl ok with you now? If the main issue is about the message to her, and she is not mad, she might be able to send messages to your friends saying she is not mad.

You could invite one of your friends to do something, and if you start hanging out again, the others might come around.
  3. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

Actually, she forgave me right after I apologized, which was surprising. She asked if there was anything she could do to help cause he was so mad at me, but I told her she should probably just stay out of it(in a nice way).

They know she was not mad at all and was okay with it. I don't get what their problem is.
  4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i'm not sure there's much more you can do. i mean you apologized and your apology was accepted. your friends sound like they are being very childish about this. i know you want things back the way they were before you sent the text but i think you need friends who are a little more mature. hopefully they will grow up.
  5. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

Yeah they are pretty immature about it along with everything else, but I don't really have anyone else to turn to.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.