Regret

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Evan1, Aug 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evan1

Evan1 Active Member

I haven't self harmed for about 6 months. One hour ago, I self harmed again. I just couldn't take it anymore and was frustrated with myself. I missed the feeling so much. I feel worthless, pathetic, and like a failure. I'm mad at myself and regret it. Half of me knew that I was going to regret it later, but the other half just didn't care.

2. moxman

moxman The "Perfect Life" YouTube channel is neat

So what happened to cause you to SH?

3. Evan1

Evan1 Active Member

It was a combination of all the stress and anxiety that school's starting soon and me just hating everything about myself. I keep getting mad and frustrated at everything which leads me to getting into pointless arguments with my parents that could've been easily avoided if I would just shut my mouth for once and control my anger. So I turned to self harm for relief. The urges were driving me crazy this past week and I just gave up trying to fight it this time. I really hope I won't do it again. I don't want to. But the problem is that once I start, it gets harder to stop.

4. moxman

What causes you to feel this way? You are obviously very smart by the way you write your replies.

Since your anger seems to be a big issue for you; maybe you would benefit from anger management classes? I've been through them myself when I was having issues controlling my anger. Or maybe you could google something like, "Anger" +self help

What method of SH do you use? If you are cutting yourself , could you explore alternate methods like ice cubes or snapping rubber bands on your wrist?

Take Care, I care about you and I care what you are going through

5. Evan1

Evan1 Active Member

I'm not really sure. It's the way I've always been. I can't remember once in my life that I actually liked anything about myself.

I cut myself. There have been times where I used the rubber band method instead, but then it went to the point that it started to become a self harm method instead of a way to get me to stop. Also, thanks for replying. It makes me feel a lot better to know people care.

6. moxman

if you turned your chat on , maybe we could chat some?

what do you think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.