Regret

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Evan1, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Evan1

Evan1 Member

I haven't self harmed for about 6 months. One hour ago, I self harmed again. I just couldn't take it anymore and was frustrated with myself. I missed the feeling so much. I feel worthless, pathetic, and like a failure. I'm mad at myself and regret it. Half of me knew that I was going to regret it later, but the other half just didn't care.

2. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

So what happened to cause you to SH?

3. Evan1

Evan1 Member

It was a combination of all the stress and anxiety that school's starting soon and me just hating everything about myself. I keep getting mad and frustrated at everything which leads me to getting into pointless arguments with my parents that could've been easily avoided if I would just shut my mouth for once and control my anger. So I turned to self harm for relief. The urges were driving me crazy this past week and I just gave up trying to fight it this time. I really hope I won't do it again. I don't want to. But the problem is that once I start, it gets harder to stop.

4. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

What causes you to feel this way? You are obviously very smart by the way you write your replies.

Since your anger seems to be a big issue for you; maybe you would benefit from anger management classes? I've been through them myself when I was having issues controlling my anger. Or maybe you could google something like, "Anger" +self help

What method of SH do you use? If you are cutting yourself , could you explore alternate methods like ice cubes or snapping rubber bands on your wrist?

Take Care, I care about you and I care what you are going through

5. Evan1

Evan1 Member

I'm not really sure. It's the way I've always been. I can't remember once in my life that I actually liked anything about myself.

I cut myself. There have been times where I used the rubber band method instead, but then it went to the point that it started to become a self harm method instead of a way to get me to stop. Also, thanks for replying. It makes me feel a lot better to know people care.

6. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

if you turned your chat on , maybe we could chat some?

what do you think?