Regreting something I can't undue

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Farandaway674, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farandaway674

Farandaway674 Member

All my life I have struggled with severe weight issues, I tried diet's, perscrption drugs, exercise, nothing worked. Recently I decided to do something about it and in late November I had a surgery called the gastric sleeve where they removed roughly 85% of my stomach making it more of a tube shape. To a certain degree it worked I lost over 80 pounds, I feel lighter and more energetic, I am able to go to the gym, but sadfully it seems I didn't address the root problem. I have to have basically a protein heavy diet (at least 85 grams). There are certain foods I can never eat again (no carbination) and certain things a couple of months later my stomach is rejecting (pizza, fried foods, certain tomateo based products). Beyond that I can never eat and drink at the same time again, if I eat something at 5pm I have to wait until 5:30 for a glass of water. If it was just one of these things I can probably deal with it, but taking into account all my new limitations, I am feeling very overwhelmed. Beyond that it is something I brought on my self, the weight didn't appear over night and while the surgery was probably a medical necessity (I weighed over 400 pounds), it was still elective in a sense. I am trying to make the best out of the situation, but I am tired, I am overwhelmed, I feel like a failure, and everytime I eat I throw up (mainly because I am still eating junk like tomatoes. I feel like I made a mistake and one I can't physically change. Despite the benefits I am regretting my decision and I don't know if I can live like this.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I do hope you can talk to a dietician that can help you with proper diet a meal plan for you that can be nutritional and also not boring ok You need to have a professional help you now to get on a diet that will help you not harm you hugs

3. Farandaway674

Farandaway674 Member

I have seen a nutroinist multiple times, my issue is that in the technical sense I mutilated myself over food. I really don't feel strong enough to go on living knowing I am so week.

4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi FarNdaway674'

Similar situation, I keep to a high protein diet in order to loose weight and go to the gym. I suffer from not being to eat pizza and fries. I keep to reigned with three square meals which is vegetables , fruit and nuts. It's hard but it's prolongs my life. Seek professional advice and what I found useful was a food diary. It's easy to lose the weight but the hardest aspect of losing weight is maintaining the weight. Don't worry but seek advice about it. Take care.

5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

sorry Far, it seems unfair. others have done same to their health to no point of turning back llike being a diabetic so look at the flip side some chronic illness is worse than yours so maybe the grass is greener on your side. my classmate was on BRAT diet for over two years due to instine issues. like some are so severely allergic to gluten or peanut they gotta spend their lives making sure food doesn't come in contact with what they're allergic to. carbonated beverage restriction will might be the hardest for me as I'm addicted to pop. wow you've done well so far, you're not alone with war on food just to let you know. I'm struggling myself with food addiction issues esp. Sugar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.