Regrets

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Oreo, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Oreo

Oreo New Member

I know first hand that secrets will come back to haunt you. Been estranged from adult daughter for 5 years. Never have handled problems the right way.Now I have been on meds for depression. Finally will see a therapist next month.

2. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Hello Oreo, I am Mox

Hello and thank you for joining us at SF. Thank you for sharing your story with us. The more you share the more we can help you. I invite you to read my personal story below in green. Just know you are not alone in your pain and suffering. Everyone here is battling his/her own demons. You are among friends. No one will ever insult you or ridicule you for any reason; that BS is not tolerated here. We will give you emotional support and lots of hugs. If you are feeling like you are going to hurt yourself that you will take yourself to the nearest ER and get the help you need. The help you deserve. We want you to be SAFE. If you are having a bad day or if you are upset do not hesitate to reach out to someone here at SF and we will help you the best way we can.

I am glad you scheduled to see a therapist. Are the meds for depression helping you? If so , that is great.

So what caused you and your daughter to be estranged? I am glad you guys seem to be making amends to a reconciliation.

Take Care

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiya @Oreo welcome to sf, glad you found us and decided to join. Please feel free to elaborate on what is going on for you and we will try and help. Really sorry that you are suffering so badly, know that we're here for you and we do care x

4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Maybe you never have handled problems the right way before - but starting meds and therapy sure sounds like you have a great start at handling things right this time. Be glad you are making the effort and proud of yourself for taking those hard steps.

I hope you can find some company and support here as well so you aren't dealing with it all alone. Welcome to SF :)

5. zuzuspetals

zuzuspetals Member

Hi Oreo. Great to hear you’ve taken steps for healing, and are reflecting on the past. Reckoning that can often help move us beyond it faster and towards a healthier future. I like to call it, “moving from fear to faith”. You’ll make it. I’ll be praying for affective counseling sessions and for your success in reconciling with your daughter. Don’t be afraid to lay it all on the line here. That’s what we’re here for. Blessings!