regrets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

So I’ve been struggling with my mental health as far as I can remember. I’ve never actually seeked professional help and I don’t actually know what is wrong with me. I’ve just always been kinda sad I guess. I have had suicidal thoughts since I was 10 and I think the reason I’m still here is because of my supporting friends who understand me and have been there for me. I have had my ups and downs but lately as I have been REALLY stressed and my mood has become worse and worse. I honestly do not know what I should do I just feel really trapped.

I’m in a situation in my life where I should really be concentrating in my studies but at the moment I just can’t it’s getting worse by the day.

I keep dwelling on my past, some mistakes I have done and the regrets that I have. During last fall and in the winter I drank A LOT and did many mistakes I wish I could fix. But recently one of those mistakes has been on my mind a lot...

One night I was at a club and I (for some reason) was hitting on this guy who I knew was taken. I honestly don’t know ehat was wrong with me and I have regretted this ever since. It really hoes against my values and it’s like I’m looking at another person when thinking about the events of that night. Honestly i feel like a whore and I don’t know how to live with myself. I have personal history with cheating and stuff so that’s why this is extremely painful to me.

I know I might sound like a drama queen and i think that my bad mental state is why I’m making this such a ’big deal’ but for some reason i really feel like this (including the other shitty mistakes i have done) is the last thing that i can tolerate.

I feel worthless, stupid, like a have let down everyone around me for being so irresponsible.

Sorry to hear that you are feeling this way

. I’ve never actually seeked professional help and I don’t actually know what is wrong with me
Getting the right treatment could make all the difference. The links in my signature can connect you to some info about treatment methods.

One night I was at a club and I (for some reason) was hitting on this guy who I knew was taken. I honestly don’t know ehat was wrong with me and I have regretted this ever since. It really hoes against my values and it’s like I’m looking at another person when thinking about the events of that night. Honestly i feel like a whore and I don’t know how to live with myself. I have personal history with cheating and stuff so that’s why this is extremely painful to me
It sounds like you're being really hard on yourself. Sure, it's not nice to hit on somebody's bf, but people get drunk and do dumb stuff all of the time. It's ok to make some mistake every now and then.

It sounds like you didn't end up cheating with this guy, so there's really no harm done.

If you can just let it go, that might be the best thing to do. If you can't, maybe you could contact the gf and offer an apology.

There's something to be said for letting sleeping dogs lie, but if you really feel like you can't get it out of your head otherwise, that's one way to deal with it.

Dawn

Regrets are so hard to deal with. U have the rest of your life to not make that mistake again and u deserve to have another chance at life without torturing yourself. I do realize this is easier said than done, and in full disclosure, I torture myself over regrets.

U are sorry for this and that means u are not a horrible person. Someone who wouldn't care at all would be so wrong. But u do care and have empathy for others and we all make mistakes sometimes. I hope that u can be free from this and feel better. If suicidal, seeking help should really be a priority, because all means of feeling better should be explored. Many ppl feel better with meds and therapy.

Mr 2004

See the date in my username? Regret everything that's happened since so no one understands the feeling better than me. Just don't allow this one mistake to spiral into loads more because you'll bring about your own self destruction. Impossible to imagine yourself in ten years time looking back on this moment and then as if by magic you're there

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
You know what? You are 18 years old and if the biggest screw up your life ever entertains is hitting on a married guy in a club while you're drunk then you're gonna be on the cover of a magazine one day. Seriously, things go to crap and that's just how it is. You're going to have regrets and things are going to happen to you throughout your life that are less than ideal. I hope you can learn the skills needed to navigate them smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00