Regrets

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Sardaukar, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Well-Known Member

I regret that I was too afraid to reach out, too afraid to step out of my comfort zone too afraid of the rejection. I regret missing out on all the drama and adventure that comes with being a teenager, i regret not experiencing first love, and first heartbreak. I regret not looking up from my own pain, and reaching out to help others. I regret not taking more time to appreciate the sunset, not enjoying natures gifts. I regret not travelling, exploring the world around me, too afraid to step outside. I regret every precious moment wasted in front of my PC, moments that could have been spent living. I regret wasting my youth, those opportunities are gone forever. I regret not speaking out about my pain earlier, I regret that I was to ashamed to ask for help. I regret that I have nothing to offer people, all I can do is stand in the sidelines and watch them suffer. I regret that I will never find the person who needs me, because I need them.

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Sardaukar, it is very possible to reach out and help others and be helped by others, still. Many of your "regrets" can be flipped so they are things to try for the first time, now.

The sorts of the things you regret (natural world, sunsets, spending too much time with a PC [and not people?], lost opportunities...) say a lot about the things inside you that you can give and can explore yourself now.

You can appreciate today's sunset and plan to watch tomorrow's. You can offer a friendly word to others who need a kind ear. You can meet new people and experience first love (and maybe first loss). You can travel, go to school, try new hobbies...if you want. You can find a person who truly loves and needs you as much as you need and love that person.

It's never too late. :hug:

3. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Well-Known Member

wow, thank you that post made my day, I guess I dwell on other peoples lives too much, i must stop reading peoples journals i guess. I am trying to reach out, its just that there arent any people from CT on here :(

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

It's hard to reach out and ask for help sometimes. (I find it easier to offer help, myself.)

The really great thing about SF is that everyone is welcome. We're from all over the world, and it's interesting to learn about different places and people! :) It's good to have you aboard.