Reincarnation Preventing Suicide

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Winslow, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

In my continuing efforts to be constructive, I now seriously consider Reincarnation. In one of my sessions with a therapist during which I expressed my chronic suicidal thoughts, the therapist told of his belief in Reincarnation. According to Reincarnation, if you commit suicide, it won't solve your problem at all, because in the next incarnation, you will simply continue where you left off. Even after suicide, you'll still have the same problem.

Pondering on it, I gradually realized it makes sense. Reason is because billions of newborn babies die right at birth. It would be obviously Unfair for them to have never gotten any chance at life. But in Reincarnation, those infants get their chance.

So the realization about those infants obviously bolsters the claim made by one of my therapists that Suicide won't solve your problem, because that problem would simply resume in your next incarnation. As a resumption, it would still be there.

With that in mind, the preferred decision would be a Non-destructive one. A decision to choose life.

2 people like this.
  2. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

Interesting...

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I believe in reincarnation as well, but I have absolutely no proof to substantiate it. It just makes sense to me. If your life is ended prematurely, by car accident, murder or suicide, you will have to come back as another person and continue where you left off.

4. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

It's always interesting thinking into it this way. If I 'did' it, I would merely be another person stuggling with the same problems. So in the end would it result in the same outcome - suicide?

The possibility that I would be someone else if I did it is slightly uncomfortable. Because in essence this exact personality which is me, will be gone.

Guess we'll find out when we get there :biggrin:.

5. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

that was what used to bother me also. what if? none of us is sure.

6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

This theory really worries me....
    How can we fix a mental health problem and how do we live with it if it can't be fixed...

so we suicide and then come back with the same mental health problem that can't be fixed and on and on it goes......

Geez I hope not!!!!

7. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

You will have to overcome your mental illness in this life or in your next life one way or another. Might as well stick around and try to overcome it in this life. :hug:

8. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

DaveN ..please tell me how to overcome something that is hereditary in my family...my son was the fifth member that I know of as far back as my grandfather to suicide....almost all members of the family (cousins, father, sister, brother, uncles, aunties) suffer with depression.....
    I have tried everything in my power to get better but it's not working....In my case and at my age it is probably terminal.......
    so it seems pretty unfair of whoever it is that decides we must come back and suffer, suffer, suffer.............

9. rx4brdm

rx4brdm Well-Known Member

Break the trend. I know you're dealing with hard times right now, but as said above, overcome it. As far as depression being hereditary, break the cycle. The support and care you have given me and I'm sure others on here shows you got it in you. Now it's time to be selfish and help yourself. Don't just be another member of the family to suffer depression or suicide.

As far as reincarnation goes, I have always been a believer, but had never thought of the possibility of returning with the same problems. Guess it's time to conquer those issues so they don't return.

10. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

:hug:

11. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

THE SOUL’SYEARNING
    So long as this you failto see:
    That death precedesre-birth!
    A gloomy guest you’llalways be,
    Upon this darklingEarth.

Goethe​

When you begin to see with your own eyes how the good you once sent out into the world does indeed return to you – though not necessarily through the people it was given to – your faith and trust in the goodness and wisdom of the One who created this life increases more and more. That is why, listening to their inner guidance, wise ones do what is good and right, rather than what is convenient. At all times they give of their best because they know that in due course nothing but the best can and indeed does return to them. Thus the inner vision develops that enables us to see for ourselves how fair and just, as well as loving and wise our Creator is. Thus our inner trust and faith that our own life and all life truly is good with every passing day grows stronger. This continues until they finally can no longer be shaken or taken away by anyone, ever again.

True faith is what we are meant to find, when all the belief systems of our world have failed us and let us down, and when not a shred of faith in anything seems to be left in us. Faith is not a running with any herd, but something individual between us and our Creator that exists in every heart. To have faith means we believe in ourselves, the purpose of our own life and all life. It is a learning to trust our own ability to think our own positive and creative thoughts, which we are willing to follow up by positive actions.

When, with the help of God or the Universe – whichever word you prefer to use for the Highest Force – we have become the master of our emotions, instead of allowing them mastery over us, we will also have learnt to trust our own reactions in all situations. As we are gathering first-hand knowledge of how God guides us, from within through the world of our innermost feelings, there slowly grows within us faith in ourselves and our ability to handle all situations. Gradually, we know that with the help of the living God within us, our inner guidance, we can achieve the mastery we all have to find, if we wish to evolve and grow sufficiently for our existence to finally rise above the physical plane.

Faith is the eternal well that springs forth from God. It nurtures our soul and spirit, who is one with God – always has been and always will be. Faith is capable of lifting us and our life above mediocrity, onto less mundane and more exciting levels of existence that have always been known to our soul and spirit. To have faith means to ever more trust our own abilities and to know that we can draw on endless amounts of inner strength, because it comes from God. It is that which is going to help us master any condition we may encounter with love, kindness and wisdom. And if that is not what life truly is all about, then please tell me what is.

From ‘Reflections on Faith’

With love and light,
    Aquarius​

12. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I'm sorry IV. I hope I didn't seem cruel in my other post. I just think that it seems reasonable, based on the laws of karma, that if your life ends prematurely, you will be forced to come back as another person to continue where you left off.

I also believe that depression has a hereditary component to it, but it also has an environmental component too. Maybe some kind of family or group counseling might be helpful? Depression can be overcome. It isn't a terminal illness, but you can't let it consume you. Please don't give up. :hug:

13. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

These are wise words indeed Aquarius. You sound like a very spiritually enlightened person. Being the master of our emotions is critical if one is to live a long and enjoyable life and possibly achieve God Realization. Once we are the masters of our own emotions, we gain full control of our lives instead of allowing our emotions control us. Some might argue that an emotionless existence is no fun at all, but one can choose which emotions to experience.

14. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

i wasn't offended Dave.....just disillusioned.....there is no way to fix my problems......I just have to find a way to live with the pain...

Sorry I didn't mean to hijack this thread...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2010
  15. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

Only thing your getting recreated into is fertilizer at a cemetary

16. rx4brdm

rx4brdm Well-Known Member

:hysterical:

17. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

There is no doubt about that... :laugh:

18. Aquarius123

Taking charge of our emotions

Dear Dave - it takes one to know one! The way I understand this life is that we are in it to become masters of our whole self, mind, body, spirit and soul. First and foremost, this means taking charge of our emotions and feelings, a formidable task if ever there was one, but it is a assignment that has to be tackled by all of us. We need to stop acting like the helpless victims of our emotions and allowing them to run our lives for us, which many are doing to this day – to their own detriment and that of the whole of our societies. We are to take charge and show them that we, the spirit and soul that dwells within these earthly vehicles, our physical bodies, are the master and captain in command of the ship of his/her own being.

With love - Aquarius

Source

19. Aquarius123

Ah yes, dear Friend, but that's only the outer part - the physical body, the vehicle that has been given to us to take us through one more lifetime on the Earth plane. I find it good to know that there is so much more to this life than meets the eye, and that our physical bodies are by no means the most vital part of our being. Important though they are while we are here, we are not those bodies; we merely live in them temporarily.

What really matters is that which is alive inside them. We are spirit and soul and our true home is the world of spirit. If we seriously wish our world to become a peaceful one, the most important requirement is to find a new understanding of the meaning of our lives and of the One who has given it to us - which some call God.

‘Knowledge and understanding are life’s faithful companions who will never prove untrue to you. For knowledge is your crown and understanding your staff; and when they are with you, you can possess no greater treasures.’ Kahlil Gibran

With love - Aquarius​

Source

20. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

so now I'm wondering if we just keep reincarnating forever and ever, going on an endless road, doing things over and over again....now that is pure torture...

I also believe in reincarnation but I think we have choices....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.