Reincarnation Preventing Suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
'... if you can find a nice old tree to meditate under (when its warmer), then all the better. :smile:
Here is an extra special Christmas present for all tree lovers:​

MYTHOLOGY SURROUNDING THE TREE OF LIFE​
The concept of a tree of life as a many-branched tree is an illustration of the idea that all life on Earth is related. It has been used in mythology, religions and philosophies, as well as science. A tree of life is a motif in various world theologies, mythologies, and philosophies, a mystical concept that points out the interconnectedness of all life on our planet, and a metaphor for the common descent of all life in the evolutionary sense.

To this day, one of humankind’s best friends on the Earth plane from the cradle to the grave, quite literally, have been trees. Forever faithful and true – never complaining now matter how much humankind may sin against them – these our most faithful and reliable companions of all our earthly sojourns can be relied upon to be there for us. Their blessings reach through all aspects of our lives, from offering a place to rest underneath in their shade on hot days, to generously providing the materials for the manufacture of our first and last receptacles, the cradle and the coffin.

Trees have always held a great fascination for humankind. In times gone by, many cultures have honoured them as symbolisms and expressions of the love and devotion of the Great Mother of all life to all her earthly children. Life itself has been depicted as a tree and some of the myths and legends surrounding this tree must be as old as life on the Earth itself. And so, it doesn’t come as a surprise that the Bible images mentioned in the previous chapter were by no means invented by Christianity. Adopted from the concepts of much older pagan traditions, they were re-written to make them suitable to be included in the teachings of the New Testament.

For example, the Greek Goddess Hera’s magical apple garden contained the Tree of Life and the sacred serpent. The Christmas tree is also one of the many symbols for the tree of life or the tree of knowledge. The custom of cutting an evergreen and bringing it indoors goes back to Norse Yule celebrations of the shortest and darkest days of winter. It was imported into the Christian teachings during the times when converting pagans to their new faith was high on the agenda.

Barbara Walker writes in ‘The Woman’s Encyclopaedia Of Myths And Secrets’: ‘On the night before a holy day, Roman priests called Dendrophori or ‘tree-bearers’ cut one of the sacred pines, decorated it, and carried it into the temple of the Great Mother of all life. Figures and fetishes attached to such trees in later centuries seem to have represented a whole pantheon of pagan deities on the World Tree.’ The modern Christmas tree has followed on from there.

The tree of life is also known as the World Tree. In ‘Man, Myth and Magic: The Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Mythology, Religion and the Unknown, edited by Richard Cavendish, explains: ‘An infinity of symbolic detail accompanies the different parts of the world-tree… The cosmic tree often bore fruits which the Gods ate to ensure their immortality: and so it became a tree of life.’ The idea of trees as symbolisms of the Universe goes back to Scandinavian mythology, where the Oden Ash or Yggdrasil was believed to possess this quality. In India it was the fig tree or Asvattha. In the Hindu religion the Banyan tree is the symbol of the tree of life. The Lord Buddha is said to have meditated under such a tree until he found his enlightenment. However, because by now the Buddha is as much a legendary figure as the Master Jesus, the tales about this vary considerably regarding the length of time this took and also the type of tree under which he sat. Christianity has adopted the apple tree form the pagan traditions and many other religions have similar ideas, including China and Russia.

The Celts and Druids represented the World Tree as the sacred oak, which with its branches and roots connected the three worlds of the Upperworld, Middle-Earth, and Underworld. The concept of the axis mundi also is visualized as a world tree, for example in the Mayan culture as Wacah Chan. Wikipedia states: ‘It is a common shamanic concept, the healer traversing the axis mundi to bring back knowledge from the other world. The axis mundi both connects Heaven and Earth as well as providing a path between the two…’

When, in times long gone by, we walked the Earth as our own ancestors, we used the evergreen Holly with its thorny leaves and red berries in our winter celebrations. The Burning Bush of Moses’ vision was a holly. It was also important to the Druids; it represented death and regeneration to them. And it was the plant of Mother Holle or Hel, the Norse underworld Goddess. In Germany, witches used Holly for making wands. Barbara Walker writes: ‘Red holly berries showed the female blood-of-life colour, corresponding to white mistletoe berries associated with male elements of semen and death.’ At Yule tide, the winter festival of the Divine Marriage, these two plants were displayed together.

The Dionysian cult of Roman times displayed the holly together with the ivy, as the symbol of feminine and masculine balance during times of the solstice festival. Because of its connection with sex it was renounced by the early Christian bishops, Tertullian and the Council of Bracara in particular. Although it was considered to be unfit for Christian celebrations, the practice of adorning doorways with holly and kissing under the mistletoe continued. The latter originally represented a blessing for the union between the master and the mistress of a house. When the Church realised that these ancient customs could not be suppressed altogether, the holly was eventually declared to be symbolic of the crown of thorns and the drops of blood on the Saviour’s head.

To this day, apples are significant in our culture, from sayings like ‘The apple of my eye,’ or ‘an apple for the teacher,’ and ‘an apple a day keeps the doctor away’ to folk tales about Johnny Appleseed, and the always popular apple pie. From the pagan traditions, Christian dogma has adopted the apple as the tree of knowledge in paradise. It has been declared to be the key to original sin, the fall of grace from God. John Bradner’s writes: ‘By tradition the apple is the fruit of the Paradise Tree. It is used sometimes as a symbol of Christ, the new or second Adam.’ However the apple’s five-petalled blossoms, like the rose and pentagram, appeared in the much older Indo-European tradition. Here it represents the knowledge of sacred femininity, sexuality, and immortality.

The Goddesses’ magical paradise took the form of apple groves in many traditions such as the Celtic ‘Apple-land’ of Avalon, the Norse Goddess Idun’s magical apples kept the gods immortal. And here we also encounter the Greek Goddess Hera’s magical apple garden contained the tree of life and the sacred serpent, mentioned earlier. A significant aspect of the apple to witches and gypsies is the five-pointed ‘star’ of apple seeds in the core of the apple when cut transversely, and relates to mythology about the Virgin Kore or Core within her Earth Mother Demeter. Isn’t it astonishing that, in this instance, even the word ‘core’ has been preserved in the English language?

Barbara Walker explains: ‘The five-pointed star in a circle was the Egyptian hieroglyph for the underworld womb, where resurrection was brought about by the mother-heart of transformations.’ This is how it came about that in later gypsy and pagan traditions the apple symbolised the sacred union of the physical and the spiritual world.

TREES
I think I shall never see
A poem as lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is pressed
Against the Earth’s sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts its leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in its hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain
And who just as intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by people like me,
But only God can make a tree.

Joyce Kilmer
1886-1918

From ‘Healers and Healing’

With love and light,
Aquarius​

I love cherry trees and climbing them sounds like a wonderful pastime to me, though somewhat more dangerous to an adult than to a child. Keep it going!

With love - Aquarius​

Dave_N

Banned Member
I love cherry trees and climbing them sounds like a wonderful pastime to me, though somewhat more dangerous to an adult than to a child. Keep it going!

With love - Aquarius​
I'm a lightweight so I'm too worried about the branches breaking. (I only weigh 150 lbs.) :laugh:

There is a tree 6000 years old, many others can be found that are 5000, 4000 and so on. Trees which were alive when Moses wore shorts and middle aged when Jesus had his Sermon on the Mount. Trees witnessed all this. Well, if you can imagine trees have a conciousness then its possible.

As for climbing trees, its a wonderful thing for kids and adults also. In this day and age - of cry baby health and safety, many kids have only the parents and minders to allow them to do 'dangerous' things. I spent my early years maybe 20& of it 'off-ground' be that climbing up trees or old buildings and any building or wall that offered up a little experience.

My nephew broke his arm twice, leg once and had some other breakage. Luckily not with me as I'd panic big time and dial 666. (not sure who comes then)

Alas, now. I'm not able to jump from limb to limb on trees. I'm lucky to live overlooking a woods although a urban woods were you can see roads and the trees number a few dozen. I have a small stream also - a brook.

In fact, I'm just off out now for a nice walk through that woods. There is a concrete path going through. The snow is melted now, temperature is almost warm at 6C after the recent -6 average. The trees have shed that snow and the birds are happier now that their version of extreme depression is melted away.

I feed the birds also. Anyone here in the UK can pick up a big bag of bird seed for £1. IF you can afford, fair play, if not, you can put bacon rind into a ball and the birds eat that. Also scraps of bread.

I know many here will be feeling down but ponder for a moment the birds outside and think about their world and what life means to them. It is a simple life, perhaps uncomplicated by the vast store of issues we can have. But its a hard life - you never see old birds much - and ill health or old age spells the end for them.

Unless of course, they have you to maybe put out some food. They might live another four seasons.

In many ways, humans have things easy by comparison. But, its obvious that having overcome the basic turmoil of life and eased many others, we have more time to reflect on what or who we are.

I remember reading a blog adressing much of what is discussed here. Two psychics channeled a young man who had comitted suicide.

He pretty much confirmed that we reincarnate again and again until we have reached a certain 'spiritual level' (don't know how else to put it).

Interestingly enough, he also expressed that sometimes suicide was the pre-determined way to go of the individual commiting it. Not always, but sometimes and his own suicide was the way he was meant to go. This became clear to him when he had passed over.

Actually, humans ususally have more than one 'exit point' during a lifetime, where they could be 'excused' if you want to call it that. Not restricted to suicide but all kinds of causes of death. Most of us have probably experienced being only 2 inches from being run over by a car in traffic or something like it. An event where possible death came very, very close.

Don't know if this brings any kind of enlightment, but reading the blog struck a chord within me.

BTW, he regretted his suicide deeply even though it was meant to be, because of the pain his family had to endure.

flowers

Actually, humans ususally have more than one 'exit point' during a lifetime, where they could be 'excused' if you want to call it that. Not restricted to suicide but all kinds of causes of death. Most of us have probably experienced being only 2 inches from being run over by a car in traffic or something like it. An event where possible death came very, very close.

Don't know if this brings any kind of enlightment, but reading the blog struck a chord within me.

BTW, he regretted his suicide deeply even though it was meant to be, because of the pain his family had to endure.
sometimes "exit points" can come in the sleep or at a time when we are awake when we do not consciously realize that there is an exit point. it could be the souls decision to not take a right or left turn at an intersection. Or to not go to that mall on that particular day. Exit points are a matter of the soul. I have seen people at exit points. and seen what they chose. Often times the self that we are conscious of is not making the decision. Its the soul that makes the decision. Because the conscious self tends to not have the wisdom of the soul. Anyway, thats my two cents for what its worth. I am not surprised that this young man regretted having comitted suicide after he became aware of how his famly would suffer. And I did not know that some souls chose in their incarnation blueprint ( original life plan) to exit through suicide. I have been told that it would not be balanced on any level for me to exit that way.

That sounds pretty much identical to what I read - do you have any more insight into this, I would like to hear it.

As I remember it, the young mans exit points were 'placed' close together, so if he had not attempted or succeded at this particular moment in time, he would have succeded at a later time. As I read the message, what he came here to do, would be fulfilled at a young age, so he would never become much older than when he died. So, he might have fulfilled most of it and what remains, he has to deal with in a future human life. That sort of makes sense to me at an emotional and spiritual level.

Btw, he was somewhat hesistant in telling about suicide as a possible exitpoint (he knew the implications of this information) - perhaps he made it sound a 'bit better' to help the family, but what I took from it, was that he was very sincere about everything else he said.

Suicide might have 'helped' those involved and grieving, evolve in a way they otherwise wouldn't have. Emotional pain might be the most efficient although cruel teaching instrument on this Earth, but you know - I don't think we especially here at this forum are strangers to severe pain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave_N

Banned Member
I remember reading a blog adressing much of what is discussed here. Two psychics channeled a young man who had comitted suicide.

He pretty much confirmed that we reincarnate again and again until we have reached a certain 'spiritual level' (don't know how else to put it).

Interestingly enough, he also expressed that sometimes suicide was the pre-determined way to go of the individual commiting it. Not always, but sometimes and his own suicide was the way he was meant to go. This became clear to him when he had passed over.
Hi. Thanks for posting this. I like hearing about experiments like this, because it helps to confirm that reincarnation may actually be true, until our time on earth is finally up. Then maybe we can spend some time in heaven? It's interesting that he mentioned that for some people, suicide is the pre-determined way that they are supposed to die. This raises an important question. How does one know whether they are meant to die by suicide and whether they should continue living no matter how bad things get? To be on the safe side, suicide should only be considered in extremely difficult situations as a last resort.

If I understood what the young man channelled correct, he explained that you are free to decide when you wish to come back and basically what challenges you will have to endure in the life you choose. But he specifically talked about what he called 'spirit logic' - not human logic.

He also explained that suicides usually wish to reincarnate asap when they pass over, because they now know that their goals we're not achieved, generally speaking. However, what happens is that you are given 'time' to heal and get the help you need to fully digest the life you just experienced.

I guess the feeling of 'being ready for death' is very subjective. That you yourself feel like you are done in this world with every fiber in your body, is a very distressing thought for others to understand. Some suicidal depressed people experience it while some still have a wish to live on - their lifeforce (for the lack of a better word) is craving for more despite the pain. Some dealing with terminal illness also seem to achieve a sort of calm and acceptance of their own death.

I worked in a retirement home long time ago and eventually when you got to know the people living there, you could sometimes tell that a person was ready to move on and let go.

But yeah, reincarnation is a pretty interesting topic.

Winslow

My Toughest Problem Has Been Solved.
SF Supporter
Today is New Year's Day, so I'd like to begin anew by acknowledging the progress of this thread. When I first introduced this topic back last year in July, I never expected the overwhelming response! (At last count,it's 72 posts.) This is of course gratifying to me. Although there are some skeptics, the overwhelming majority evidently embrace Reincarnation as a constructive attitude. Not only a constructive attitude but many of the posts also include some very supportive evidence to back up this belief. Very gratifying to me, so let's keep at it!

Free Will

Congratulations, dear Winslow, and thank you for giving us such an enlightening thread. The following is my New Year’s contribution to it:

FREE WILL
To make any progress on the theme of depression and suicide, to my mind, one needs to look for the possible causes of this condition and start to dig for its roots. In all likelihood they are reaching much further back in time than could be imagined by observers who only look at the surface of life. What we need first and foremost is a fresh understanding of the purpose and meaning of this life. Then take a careful look at the way most of us are now living in societies that to a large extent have lost their spiritual centre and focus of life. Although some of us are slowly regaining theirs, there are a great many who do not even know why they are in this life and what they are meant to do.

The Rabbi Yehuda Ashlay 1884-1954, who wrote under the name Baal HaSulam said in his ‘Freedom of Will’: ‘We are born into a family we did not choose. We are also raised in an environment we did not choose. In ‘Attaining The Worlds Beyond’ Michael Laitman, Kabbalist, Founder and President of Ashlag Research Institute. writes: ‘Against your will you are born, against your will do you live, and against your will you will die...’

‘We continue to grow and develop in an environment not of our choosing. During this growth and development stage we are sculpted by the environment and our own genetic attributes until we are able to begin processing various choices available to us. We may think we have Free Will since we are able to choose what we want to eat, drink, which friends to have, what we wear, or what is our stand on environmental issues. However, choices we make and inclinations we have come from society and genes and we are ultimately influenced by them, no matter which way we turn to. Where is free will then?’

There is more in this vein, but I imagine you get the drift. Everybody can only write from their own perception of life and what a bleak and cheerless picture the two men are painting, while they are trapped in the beliefs and dogmas of their religion. I know from first hand experience what a gloomy, sad and depressing existence one leads for as long as one still looks at it from the blinkered view that it is a one-off thing. It is a state of being in which the human soul and spirit feel like trapped in a dark box from which there is no escape. This is a dungeon of despair that is entirely of one’s own making, if ever there was one. The walls of this prison consist of all the false beliefs and prejudices about God, ourselves and our reality, which our earthly personality has accumulated in the course of many lifetimes.

In that impoverished state the world is indeed a very threatening and frightening place, in which one feels hopelessly and helplessly subject to the forces of a frequently unkind destiny, which one does not understand. God and the Angels are the only ones who know for how many lifetimes any soul already has been in this position. Is it any wonder that depression is so widespread and causing such severe problems to so many?

Sounds discouraging, doesn’t it? But take heart! For every human being the moment finally comes when the first glimmer of light appears in the deepest darkest hours of the night of its soul. As our spirit and soul comes alive and our earthly self slowly emerges from its spiritual slumbers, we begin to realise that there is much more to Earth life than that which can only be seen on its surface. Catching our first glimpses of other realities and dimensions, a new perception of life sneaks into our consciousness and opens it up.

We become aware that the things that are invisible to earthly eyes are of far greater importance than everything that takes place in our material existence. To our astonishment we discover that God and the Angels really do exist on the higher and highest levels of life and that that this is humankind’s true home. With increasing clarity we then understand that God and the Angels are something much greater and far more beautiful than anyone on the Earth in previous ages could have imagined. They are part of everybody’s own true eternal reality, very real and not merely creatures or beings from pathetic tales for people who are a bit soft in their heads.

More relief arrives as the soul becomes increasingly aware that life is a continuum that has no beginning and no end, when it understands that time and again it returns to Earth life and from the moment of its creation from the heartmind of God, until its final reunification with its source, invisible companions are unfailingly by its side. They never leave any of us. Safely they take us into each earthly sojourn and out of it again and in truth none of us is ever alone on the Earth plane or any other level of life.

From ‘The Spiritual Aspects of Depression and Suicide’

All the best to everybody,
Aquarius​

D

Dice1952

Re: Free Will

The way that I cope could be seen as a Buddhist answer. Having been suicidal beginning from way back in the 1960s, I still survive because I presently take the attitude that I want to both die and live. I've learned that to be too happy is just as bad as being too sad. Why? Well, because if I feel too happy and then something tragic happens, then the fall is more painful. Along those lines, if my desire to die is as strong as my desire to live, then even if my physician tells me the prognosis that I have only six months to live, then it won't bother me. So for me, the desires to both live and die have to be equal. In that state of mind, I feel the most at ease. Not sad and not happy either, but serene.

In my continuing efforts to be constructive, I now seriously consider Reincarnation. In one of my sessions with a therapist during which I expressed my chronic suicidal thoughts, the therapist told of his belief in Reincarnation. According to Reincarnation, if you commit suicide, it won't solve your problem at all, because in the next incarnation, you will simply continue where you left off. Even after suicide, you'll still have the same problem.

Pondering on it, I gradually realized it makes sense. Reason is because billions of newborn babies die right at birth. It would be obviously Unfair for them to have never gotten any chance at life. But in Reincarnation, those infants get their chance.

So the realization about those infants obviously bolsters the claim made by one of my therapists that Suicide won't solve your problem, because that problem would simply resume in your next incarnation. As a resumption, it would still be there.

With that in mind, the preferred decision would be a Non-destructive one. A decision to choose life.
Oh Wow... Here is your post Winslow. I am surprised that not many people here have researched what happens to them after death like I have. Maybe that's why I keep thinking in circles b/c I can't find a way out. There is no escape and I can't find a solution b/c death is not a solution. Anyway... I found your post... not sure if this will bump up the thread.

Just to add to the conversation...this is an excerpt from a novel:

She laughed, “You know what they say about explanations, Josh. *They are not helpful; experience is helpful.” I thought that she was going to leave it at that but she went on. *“I have told you that I was born knowing what my mother knows and understands. *Do you remember?” *I nodded, not wanting to interrupt her. *“My mother remembers her previous lives, as do I.”
“Are you talking about reincarnation?” I asked, just for confirmation. *I still hadn't wanted to interrupt her but I know how quickly I can get lost when I start entering uncharted territory. *
Anadia looked confused, “I do not know; what is reincarnation?” she asked.
It was not a question that I expected her, of all people, to ask. *Adding to that, she just said that she remembered her previous lives. *I decided that perhaps her word for it was just different. *“Well, I'm no expert,” I said, “but reincarnation is basically the idea that when I die, I will come back and start life again as someone else.” *
She looked at me as if she was still confused which was kind of strange because I thought I did pretty good with my definition. *If she was not talking about reincarnation then I was more lost than I thought. *“Josh,” she began, seeming to choose her words carefully, “when you say, 'when I die, I will come back', who is the 'I' that you speak of?”
“Well, me,” I said, more confused than ever now, “Josh.”
She frowned, which was never a good sign. *“Do you believe in this reincarnation, then?”
“Honestly,” I said, “I don't know. *It's not the most popular of theories about what happens after we die – at least where I am from. *Some parts of my world believe in it strongly, I guess. *I haven't given it much thought to be candid.”
Anadia nodded thoughtfully, “Reincarnation sounds lovely; I almost wish it were true,” she said. *“To answer your question then; no, I was not speaking of reincarnation. *Rather, I was speaking of rebirth.”
“Well,” I thought, “it appears it's my turn for a vocabulary lesson.” *“I don't know that word,” I said. “It sounds like it would be the same thing. *What does it mean?”
Anadia considered for a minute and then said, “Beyond the illusion that we are separate from each other, we are the same. *You are playing the part of Josh, and you are doing a very fine job of it, too. *In fact, you have gotten so into your character that you have lost yourself and are only now beginning to remember your true nature which is...?”
She left the question hang there for me to answer, “...consciousness,” I replied. *
“It is consciousness that is reborn,” Anadia said, “not Josh. *Once Josh is gone, he is gone forever and, if one is intent on living in illusion, that would be a very great loss indeed,” she said, flashing me a smile. *“Rebirth is the coming again of your true-nature; while reincarnation would be the coming again of your ego-nature. *Do you understand?” *I nodded and let it soak in. *It made sense I decided. *I mean, if I had a chance to save the Mona Lisa or a copy of the Mona Lisa, I'd take the real one, not the fake one. *
“The consciousness,” Anadia continued, “that lives in this body, will not die when this body of mine completes its journey. *It will, as it has done since the beginning of time, manifest itself in another character. *When my consciousness returns to a body, it seeks to do so with those for whom balance has not yet been achieved.”
I held up my hand to stop her, “Balance?”
Anadia nodded, “Many years ago, my mother took Daniel as a temporary student. *His true nature owed her a debt for her teachings. *Perhaps he has paid her back by now, perhaps he has overpaid the debt or perhaps he still owes that debt. *I do not know the answer to that, but let us say that immediately after my mother released Daniel as her student, they both died. *When their true natures experience rebirth, they would almost certainly be born into characters who will once again have the opportunity to interact. *That opportunity allows Daniel to pay back an existing debt and my mother to zero out the bill. *We would say that Daniel owes my mother a karmic debt. *As long as there is debt, true natures will meet again.”
“I've heard of karma before,” I piped up. *“We actually have a saying on my plane that karma is a... well, it's not a nice word.”
“That is a common fallacy here as well,” Anadia said. *“Karma is often referred to as good karma or bad karma but it is neither good nor bad. *Karma is also not a female dog,” she teased, apparently pulling the concept out of thin air because I'm pretty sure that particular saying doesn't transcend planes of existence. *
“Karma quite literally means,” Anadia explained, “cause and effect; though many incorrectly believe that it is a type of divine retribution for evil deeds, or rewards for good deeds. *Who then would be the punisher and who would be the punished? *It does not make sense for you to punish yourself for your perceived shortcomings, particularly when your perception is that of the ego-nature. *And if you are not operating under the ego nature but acting from your true nature, what could you do that would be a punishable offense?”
“I'm pretty certain that I don't understand everything you've said yet; it'll take some time to process it,” I told her. *“The thing that started this conversation though, was that you said that you didn't think that I could imagine what you were experiencing right now. *It sounded like you were trying to explain some things so that I could understand your answer. *Do you think I can understand it now?”
Anadia nodded and adjusted herself in the sand, “I have known you for aeons, Josh. *We have been together in nearly every relationship possible for more lifetimes than you can imagine. *Because of the circumstances of my birth this lifetime, I remembered every life we have lived together and knew that we would meet again in this life.” *
“As I shared with you, it is true that as a girl-shaman I have not been sought after by any boys but had I been, I would have rejected them. *I have been waiting for you, and only you, for thirteen years. *I did not know what form our relationship would take, only that we would have one. *Now however, I have spoken with your heart and am truly humbled by what you have shared with me and the depth of your feelings. *What words can describe my joy?”

Winslow

My Toughest Problem Has Been Solved.
SF Supporter
After actor Leonard Nimoy passed away recently, I looked again at an episode of that documentary-series that he used to narrate which was called In Search Of.... The second half of that title is filled with a new and different subject for each episode. The one particular episode I refer to is Reincarnation since that is the subject of this thread. Evidently, when one suffers from severe emotional problems in this present life, it is shown by Reincarnation that the present problem was caused by severe trauma from a previous life. For example, the abnormal phobia about water could have been caused by the fact that the person died in the previous life from drowning. So the purpose of hypnotic regression is to regress the person to the previous trauma so that it is re-experienced, from which one can learn and thereby resolve the emotions suffered in the present. The recent passing away of Mr. Nimoy prompted me to look again at the Reincarnation episode that he narrated. Those interested in watching it, can find it on Youtube, where most, if not all, of those Nimoy episodes can be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00