Rejection Rejection Rejection

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by weirdal, Apr 22, 2014.

1. weirdal

weirdal Forum Buddy

All I ever seem to get is rejected, and I don't understand it anymore.

I look back at threads I created here in 2007, and things haven't changed. I still haven't had a girlfriend, and Ive been turned down by every person I ever liked. The other day, the girl I've been chatting to and getting along with really well gave the whole, "too good friends etc".

It's cool - I'm used to it.

I have a lot of friends, I like to consider myself a popular guy which I'm very thankful for, but when it comes to the opposite sex, I just don't understand! I've probably like 5 or 6 girls really seriously in the last 7 years, and every time I get rejected. I treat them well, am kind and polite and get along so well with them - What else can I do? What's worse, I don't simply get rejected and move on. I end up lusting over them for months on end, sometimes even years unable to move on. I become transfixed - Not in a weird or stalker like way at all, but in my own head. I become so lovesick it affects me so much.

Why can't I just have a bit of luck in my life just once. I thought me and this girl recently were getting on so well we were spending so much time together, but no. Another kick in the face.

So so sick of it
    Rant over

2. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Hello. I wanted to let you in on a little secret. Some women like the chase. Have you ever wondered why women like jerks? They give a great chase. They seem interested but not too interested. They act nice, but not too nice. They also ooze self-confidence. It's all a show no matter how good looking they really are. But they know it attracts women. So when a woman finally seems to win your affection it's like winning a prize. Some men are the same way; so it goes both ways. It may sound stupid, and it may truly be stupid but that's the dating game. That's how it's done.

I hope this helps. :)
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Alex i am sorry you are feeling so rejected It took me years to find the right person hun it can and will happen and when it does you will acutually be grateful the other ones left hugs
  4. Lazarus102

Lazarus102 Member

Cool name Alex, I am thinking of getting my name legally changed to Alexander(Alex) one of these days. My real name sucks.
    As for this thread, I think Daphna is at least partially right because I am the same way. No one will ever chase after me though but I do wish that someone cared enough to do so.