Rejection

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by badperson123, Dec 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badperson123

badperson123 Member

Hello all, my name is Anthony, however I am a pretty young guy. I guess my history has been relatively tough. I have lived totally alone since the age of 15 and was really unable find any friends that I could fully sympathise with. Everyone I met seemed alien and odd. Naturally, growing up I had experienced rejection with girls, never really ever had one I could call a friend, but no big deal, I lived through it because thats a part of life. Recently I have been under loads of stress without any friends to share the burden and I have asked another girl out, yet again being rejected. Please don't view me as some superficial dummy because of my obsession with someone who I really think I loved. That however doesn't change the fact that I have never been hit this hard by any emotion before and I am absolutely devastated for the third day now. Theres nobody I can go to because very few people exist who I can talk to and I must fight the urge to climb to the top of my apartment building and end it because I am just so unhappy with everything in my life. I really hope someone can give me something that might be worth living for, because I somehow still don't believe that ending it is the right way out :(

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I will listen to you,I am sorry you are going through such a rough time. You have definitely come to the right place, this place is filled with caring and others who understand how it feels to want to end it all. You are correct in thinking that ending it is the wrong way out of this. You need to set up a support system around you. We can be a part of that support system and I would advise that you see a doctor or therapist if not already seeing one. No one should have to suffer this way. I wish you the best of luck and welcome to the forum Anthony it is nice to meet you.

3. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Anthony, You are Right, ending it is Not the way out, right or wrong! No one here will make fun or Judge You! We do not do that here under any circumstances , I would say that living alone from the age of 15 with no Friends is a tough way to go! I am sure that most if not all in here have had rejection,with the opposite sex or in some cases the same sex as well, it does not matter being alone is a terrible way to Live. I have to say in my feelings it is not a part of life, yes it is a choice by some but for the most part, we all need some sort of company a close friend, a romantic friend, or even a part time friend, mankind is or are social creatures, we are not meant to live alone. I am sure no one here will see or feel that you are a superficial dummy, We all to some extent have someone that we see or feel can be ideal for us, some more then others, so no, you are not out of step with most of society. Please do not take any action that could result in you harming yourself, there are brighter and better days so Please Hold On! Take a deep breath and let it out slowly try to relax, right now you are suffering from as I see it Depression, I suffer from it as well as most if not all in here, You have picked the right Place to come with your feelings as they are, sit easy in your chair you can find some hope here, you can find friends here if we meet your standards, No, I am not trying to be funny, I am serious, we are a safe place to come, we hold out our hands hearts and feelings to you! we will try to help and support you with whatever you may need, we have the many articles an writings of a lot of people in the past 10 years here, We are Here For You Anthony, we hold out our hands to you to try and make your life an situation Better, Welcome! Please Be gentle with yourself, The world is a hard enough place,

4. badperson123

badperson123 Member

Thank you for your thoughts. My issue is that the life I lead is purposeless, or at least its just that it seems that way to me. My parents are gone, and I don't have true friends. All I do is sleep eat work and repeat. I want to get a psychiatrist, but I don't think I can afford it. In my country, healthcare does not extend to psychological issues and as a result this country does in fact have the highest suicide rate in the world. I really hope you guys have some suggestions for what I could do.
    Thank you again.

5. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Well, I thought the same thing, then I came here, I came here a little over 1 year ago. I am having a difficult time right now because of some health issues but aside from those, things are going on, I do have cats and they provide me some measure of Joy and Company, I know that a pet is not for everyone, that may be one thought, not just cats but a pet or any kind, Then you have coming here I know that is a factor in quite a few peoples lives. I wish that you would try going through the forum an reading some of the stories that people have written. Or perhaps talking to some of the other people in here, there are quite a few, sometimes just what another person says can give others lives a boost. There are so many people in here and others that visit there has to be someone that you can identify with here! I see that you are online I wish that you could take the time to tell us a little more about yourself, you can do that in MY Story, I know that sometimes sharing what issues that you have in your life when they are shared with others we can Identify with that person! I am wondering when you got your name or nick on here from? I hope that you don't mind sharing, you do not Sound like a bad person to me? You do not Have to Do anything I suggest, that is your choice, often times people that come in here share parts of their lives that they believe are the worst, I want to know what makes or made you happy or gives you any measure of pleasure? A life is hard to define when you are in depression because the chemicals that your brain releases muddle your thinking and thoughts, your mind does not reflect back to you a true picture of yourself or others, your Feelings an Positive emotions are depressed! We are here for you, we will work to bring you closer to what is reality not the muddled bad thinking world of depression, Try us out, please we are here for you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.