Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by ClowningScared, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClowningScared

ClowningScared New Member

I am a pathetic 20yo who has just self harmed with over 1 year without. I feel like shit, when i was 12-16 i used to self harm and it felt different then, i didnt feel as ashamed, I have become so lonely since then.

I am looking at it now thinking what the hell am i doing! I have been able to control my need to SH by drinking yet tonight just wasnt the night. I have looked at this site and only read what people have been through. I just cant escape the feeling of hurting myself, and after drinking and then doing this i hope it wont become my new adiction.

i need advice, i need help and i need someone. I feel pathetic for posting this to strangers but i dont have anyone that can help me.

I have partner that is due home and i dont know who to hide it. I dont know who to explain myself either, i need help
  2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Taking it step by step. Relapses are not a problem, it's just advisable to try and keep it to as low a number as is possible. 1 year without is good, and you've shown to yourself that you are capable of doing it.

Replacing one potential addiction with another is also slightly dangerous, you could find yourself going from one addiction to another, finding it harder to get into any form of control.

If you have anyone you can trust, perhaps you may need to open up to them. After all, this is a peer-to-peer support site, and while we can show sympathy and empathy, it would be worth trying to seek professional help. It sounds like you are struggling, and maybe sit down and talk with your partner about how you feel. Anyone you feel you can trust.

You are not pathetic. You need support, and the last time I checked, it wasn't a crime to reach out and ask.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry you are in such pain You are NOT pathetic ok you have done so well not to sh this one time was needed Can you tell us what is happening now to bring on these urges

Talking to someone does help even if it is on screen hun Do not beat yourself up ok you are suffering enough be kind to you ok do something nice just for you somethng small even

You can and should talk to your doctor who can help get you resources to help you hun with the sadness you are feeling.

I am sorry you feel so alone hun you are not alone now ok You keep talking to us
  4. ClowningScared

ClowningScared New Member

Well i have had problems at a young age with personality and including social issues. I want to talk about the problems yet i have not seaked proffesional help as i used the excuse of drugs and alcohol as an excuse. I have been triggered recently by talking about it and brining up those safe feeling's you get.
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

You aren't pathetic for doing this, or for relapsing :hug: People can only handle so much crap before it becomes overwhelming...I also suppress my feelings with alcohol, so then I don't need to self-harm...I'm still hurting myself in some way. I'm sorry you are dealing with so much, but I hope you keep posting here and continue to let out the negative feelings instead of bottling them up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.