Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by unnoticed, Aug 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unnoticed

unnoticed Well-Known Member

I need to talk to someone who used to SH (especially cut) but doesn't do it anymore. I don't want to trigger anyone. Basically, I used to self harm a lot a year ago, up to 3 times in 24 hours. I stopped for a while, did it a couple of times in the last year. This summer has been pretty hard though (I don't want to get into why) and I feel like I'm slipping back into it. I self harmed three times in the last week. I've had relapses before but this time it's somehow different. Something about it freaks me out. Sorry if this post doesn't make much sense. I guess I just need to talk to someone who gets it and has been through it.. Thanks
  2. UC89

UC89 Member

Hi, i have had a similar thing happen to me, until 12ish months ago i was sh'ing alot, i had support from my partner, and a personal issue made me step back from sh for a while. however my ex recently left (with in last month) and this along with living alone, feeling isolated and other stuff has caused me to relapse twice with in the last 4 days. So if need to talk can (kinda of i guess) understand where you are coming from. Hope you are ok.
  3. MdngtRain

MdngtRain Well-Known Member

I had stopped for about 1 yr & 9 months until about 8 months ago. I don't do it nearly as often anymore (at the point I first quit, I was doing it 10-20 times a day, every day). It is different this second time around. It's at once easier to slip back into, but also easier to not do at times. It also is easier for me to do it worse without the build-up I used to have. But again, it's also easier to walk away from at times. Outside factors are huge in whether I do it or not. I never stopped for myself, but out of fear of the consequences.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.