Relapse

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by AloneInTheDark, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AloneInTheDark

AloneInTheDark Well-Known Member

I hadn't self harmed in 10 months, then on Christmas day I did, I just felt so upset and overwhelmed, after this I did again the day before valentines day. I don't get why I did it after I thought I was over it, it just happened and it was like that was the only way I could cope again. I'm doing alright at the moment. I don't have urges anymore, just when I was really down it just happened. :sad:

2. Montage

Montage Well-Known Member

I had a similair thing happen to me, I almost went a whole year and relasped with cutting.. I know you feel bad, but please think of it as how long you went without cutting. Sometimes we think certain patters are things of the past... but they arent. I was always told, to get rid of the cutting we need something to take its place. I havent really found that yet.. just think of the times you were upset and didnt cut, that should make you feel better. and I am here to say Im really proud that you went 10 months.. that is great dear!

3. Lost Disciple

Lost Disciple Well-Known Member

It really was admirable that you went so long without it. Like any addiction, cutting is an extremely hard habit to break, and many slip-ups and relapses are expected. The important thing is to get back up on that horse and not worry about it so much. You can do it!

4. AloneInTheDark

AloneInTheDark Well-Known Member

Thanks for the support guys, Havn't cut since the 13th of Feb so I know it is no longer an addiction, it was just a relapse and I think I'll be ok :smile:

5. Lost Disciple

Lost Disciple Well-Known Member

I'm very glad for you, I hope it works out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.