Relapse

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by GoldenPsych, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

It's been 6 months since I was in hospital... about 7.5 from cutting or OD'ing. I don't know what got me tonight but felt the urge bad so I cut. Only a little. A scratch really but now I'm freaking. I don't know why. I suppose I am scarde and nervous. get this...I work in a psychiatric unit now. Yup... people with personality disorders. I get annoyed by them, big time. I feel that some of them do it for attention. But now I am back there an isd I did it. I have let myself down. I don't know what it is. I am a bit stressed with work but nothing major. Maybe it is the fact I was at hospital the other day with a patient of mine and I saw the SW that I saw before. Didn;t talk to him. But maybe as it was out of context. I have had the urges for a while. Maybe it is I never got chance to be on my own. I am off meds now. I came off them on my own. They were working but they made me put on weight and I didn't like it. I think I should go back to see the GP. I'm being a bit irrational tonight. Back at work tomorrow morning at 7am for another 13 hour shift. Maybe it will be a one off, but who knows. It is a slippery slope!

2. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hiya,

Sorry to hear that you're feeling low again. If you think you need to go back to your GP, then please do. Perhaps you came off your meds a bit too soon? I know the weight gain can be a crappy side effect of taking them but maybe there will be one that your dr can suggest that won't have the same effect.

Take care :hug: xx

3. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi....really sorry that you are feeling so low.

claire gave good advice. there are meds that do not cause weight gain, and your G.P. will let you know if these meds would be suitable for you.

hope you can lean on us, until you get stronger. pm if you want to talk....we care about you :console:

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Yes, you should contact your MD, but also know that one urge, one thought does not make a trend...hope you are doing well now...big hugs, J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.