Relapsed 17 year old

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Rubysuby2002, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rubysuby2002

Rubysuby2002 New Member

Well it's official. I am now back into drugs after being sober for 16 months.

I went to a Residential treatment centre because of my drug and suicidality. I thought I got both under control.

Now it's worse than ever.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You slipped up hun it happens don't be too hard on yourself okay NOw you need to contact your doctor your therapist a nd get back into treatment for relapse prevention ok so you do not continue on this road Reachout now hun okay
  3. bleedingrage

bleedingrage Active Member

Its all a part of addiction. Sucks but its a never ending cycle. Ill gladly help any way I can. Experienced drug user
  4. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Aw man I relapsed so many times it's not even funny. I was so bad that I went to an AA meeting drunk. I know you're not supposed to do that, and I felt bad about it afterwards... I wouldn't have gone at all if it wasn't a mandatory part of my "treatment". If you're serious about getting sober, then you need to accept the fact that you will falter from time to time, and you have to learn to forgive yourself. We're only human, none of us are infallible. Though if you're not serious about trying to get sober, the least you can do is to not drag others down with you. I'm not trying to lecture - after all, people who drown their sorrows in glass bottles shouldn't throw stones - but if you know you're going to keep using, you need to separate yourself from those who are trying to get healthy. Otherwise, admit your mistake and tell someone that you need help. Addiction and depression are difficult things to deal with, and even more difficult trying to deal with alone. Assuming that you do want to get back on the right track, do you have a sponsor you can talk to?
  5. Syn

Syn Well-Known Member

If you went sober once already, you can do it again. Just remember, the longer you wait the more difficult it will become. It may seem worse than ever, but that may be because you forgot how it felt after those 16 months. Just keep your head up friend, and don't feel too bad about slipping up, everyone I know who has tried to quit slipped up once or twice (Or for some of us, litterally a couple hundred)
  6. Just think of it as a blip it happens just keep on trying to get better again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.