relapsed again

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by tigers4343, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigers4343

tigers4343 Member

I'm pissed that I'm an addict. I'm mad because I should be able to stop. I drank again last night and that's not a good thing. :sigh: I've been trying to stop. I had a stretch of nine month and relapsed. This wasn't the first relapse and my sponsor who had been with me through the others gave up on me and abandoned me. My therpist didn't give up but began hinting that maybe I need more help than he can give me right now and that is a really scary thought to me. I've been seeing this therapist for 4 years and he has helped me. If I admit to him that I drank again this past weekend I have this fear that he will tell me we need a break while I get more help and I don't think I could deal with that at this point. So that leaves me with the decision of telling him or not telling him. I kow lying isn't going to help me but I'm afraid of what being honest will cost me- I'm just really confused right now

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

First of all we all step off the wagon..Second, it sounds like you drank because you were afraid that you would be abandoned...tell your therapist how you felt about what he said and what you did...if he leaves you now, without the proper support, he is not good for you...please continue to talk about what is going on...J

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

can you have both..more help and the therapist as well?
    I also agree with sadeyes..you should tell the therapist the whole truth so you get the proper treatment..
    try not to beat yourself up about the relapse....don't give up..
    at least you're trying....give yourself credit for that

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your an addict there will be times in your life that this happens Your therapist will help you be honest tell him how abandoned you felt More help always good thing to have Someone with fresh eyes and ears to see and hear things perhaps others have missed. You should be very proud of you for all you have accomplished okay Be honest okay because if you not therapy will not work

5. steveoh

steveoh Active Member

hey man, dont get any more help from those people, im not saying theyre bad people, but if you want to talk to someone, talk to a friend who shares the same interests, or problems, who can relate and not tell you whats wrong with yourself, not drinking is hard, maybe burn in your mind that you can only drink on the weekends or at partys, and think about how it effects you when you have to do important tasks, idk just my 2 sense

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.