relapsed on soda

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by morning rush, Jan 28, 2014.

1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

yeah...I had two this week...although I didn't buy any today and I will try and keep myself off it from now on...I can't believe I went back to it. It didn't really taste good at first but the more I drank it, the more I wanted more...and now it feels hard to let go again...like I want it despite knowing it doesn't taste that great...I wish I could integrate it into my brain that it's not good, doesn't really taste good and will never taste as good as I remembered..

I'm so disappointed in myself...but I'm hoping to stop again for a while, at least a few months...

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I wonder what it is about the soda that your body craves. Is it caffine? I wonder if hypnosis would work. It helped a lot for me with things. Just the suggestions. Nothing more.

3. mbczion

mbczion Well-Known Member

Don't be so hard on yourself? I also relapsed with coke. For several years I was being good about limiting myself to a bottle of coke a week (on the weekend as a treat). Now I am back to two bottles a week. I don't drink coffee and by the end of the work week, I feel like I need it to keep me awake. At least I am not drinking a bottle a day like I used to, but I have relapsed as well :(

4. morning rush

omg you are so lucky, me it's a 710ml per day, if I don't drink more. Right now I got myself a 6bottle one :( really not proud of myself, but I was suffering for two days of not drinking any so I got some...I'm thinking that once I'm over these ones I will try and stop again...I did do 3 months without dark soda though...so I guess next time it could be 6 months...

5. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

The stuff is dreadful, and I can't stop it either. Maybe for a while, and then back on it. I look at it as one of the major food groups. And keep drinking it even though it causes all kinds of problems. It seems as addictive as smoking.

6. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

I dont drink soda, but I have problems with eating a lot of sugar/salt in other forms. Its so hard to stick a a healthy diet! They purposely make junk food as addicting as can be even though when I eat it I dont feel as good as eating fruits/veggies. I know one day Ill get there though, for now Ive been drinking lots of water which is a good start now I gotta work on the junk food. Small steps!

7. talkingcrazy

talkingcrazy Member

Good job for trying! take it a day at a time. I'm struggling with this too. Right now whats really helping is every morning I brew myself a large pitcher of green iced tea for the day (with a little honey) and it is really yummy, it really helps me get my mind off soda. Good luck! :)

8. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

I gotta, gotta, gotta stop soda. Its leaving me wired, and sleepless. Gotta get off sugar. Maybe try for the soda again during Lent.

9. morning rush

Ironically for me, it doesn't prevent me from sleeping. If I stop it, I can't sleep at all...weird eh?

but you're right, soda isn't good, I wish I could stop but I can't at the moment :(