Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by ASkylitDrive, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASkylitDrive

ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

How do you get rid of it? I'm starting to go through bad withdrawls with self harm and pills, and I really don't want to go back to how I was.
  2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I fight with all I've got. The urges are incredible, I know how you feel....they are so intense. I let it flow, I write/scream a lot, express myself any way- remember to sleep and rest if I can, and they ease off.

Is there anything triggering this?
  3. ASkylitDrive

Countless petty things really.
    My self esteem getting worse (working out just makes me realize I'm ugly anyway.. haha) Recent horrible break up, my brothers, my coming up.

I'm just getting way too overwhelmed and i even started looking for my harming item (Avoiding methods here) before I freaked and locked myself in the bathroom for a while.
    I've lasted almost two months I really don't want to go back.
  4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

It sounds like you're dealing with a whole lot.

Does it help to realise why you're feeling the way you do- does it ease the compulsion any? Locking yourself in the bathroom sounds like you're trying really hard not to- that takes a lot of courage.

If it feels like loads of things are building up, I try and diffuse it in my head somehow-making it smaller than myself, so I'm more in control rather everything else being in control of me. It's hard hard hard stuff if self harming is your usual way of coping but you're trying and that's amazing.

What kind of things calms you down? You could try doing those, once the strong urges are over. Every time you do the opposite than what you're used to with self harming and pills- try and celebrate it. Because you're developing other ways of coping with feelings without hurting yourself, and that will grow with time- and if you do SI, don't beat yourself up about it, it's okay too.

I'm not sure if any of that helped but you're in my thoughts :hug:
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2010
  5. ASkylitDrive

I walked outside for a while. Worked out for thirty minutes. It kind of brought down the urge a bit, but I can't sleep.

You are helping, thanks.
  6. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I would suggest talking to somebody. Not about what you want to do but about anything. Shit i know that the urges are strong, even if you haven't done them in a while. But you don't have to do them. which is cliched and not helping...sorry:unsure: u mm....I'm not making sense.

But I would just TRY to remember that tomorrow is a new day and you don't have to do what you want to do. Try to remember how good you feel on days you DON"T follow the urges. It's tough.

But if it's any consolation, I, a total stranger, have faith in you. And more importantly won't change my mind about you if you submit to your urges.

7. ASkylitDrive

Thank you James!
    I slipped up and popped mywrist with a rubberband to stop from going further. I'm okay :) Life has been okay lately.
  8. asking_advice

asking_advice Well-Known Member

trust yourself that you can overcome any relapse moment.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.