1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationships

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Entoloma43, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

So what's it like being in a relationship or in love?

I'm 18 and never experienced either, or anything close. I don't think I'm terrible looking, just more of my personality, as I'm quiet around those I don't know. No one I met really wants to take the time to talk to you if you're quiet, and I never really bothered tried talking to them.

Is it possible to even get into a relationship if you're naturally quiet/shy? Will it come natural someday or do I have to go and look for it?

I just can't really imagine myself finding anyone.

2. daredhead

daredhead Well-Known Member

Unless I'm around people I know and am comfortable with, I am extremely shy. To be in love is something you won't experience until it actually happens. For the relationship part, you should just look for people you're compatible with. That's what I do, and it works out pretty good.

~Red

3. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I wonder if the issue is how shy you are, or could it be how shy you are with your emotions--that is to say that even when comfortable with somebody you may feel emotionally distant and closed.

4. Lucie

Lucie Well-Known Member

It is important to make the effort to speak to people and to join in conversations. Otherwise you will be overlooked. It's hard, i know cus ive been making the effort myself lately cus i don't want to be shy anymore i want to be the cool fun person i am inside, but i have made progress.