Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Entoloma43, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

So what's it like being in a relationship or in love?

I'm 18 and never experienced either, or anything close. I don't think I'm terrible looking, just more of my personality, as I'm quiet around those I don't know. No one I met really wants to take the time to talk to you if you're quiet, and I never really bothered tried talking to them.

Is it possible to even get into a relationship if you're naturally quiet/shy? Will it come natural someday or do I have to go and look for it?

I just can't really imagine myself finding anyone.
  2. daredhead

daredhead Well-Known Member

Unless I'm around people I know and am comfortable with, I am extremely shy. To be in love is something you won't experience until it actually happens. For the relationship part, you should just look for people you're compatible with. That's what I do, and it works out pretty good.

3. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I wonder if the issue is how shy you are, or could it be how shy you are with your emotions--that is to say that even when comfortable with somebody you may feel emotionally distant and closed.
  4. Lucie

Lucie Well-Known Member

It is important to make the effort to speak to people and to join in conversations. Otherwise you will be overlooked. It's hard, i know cus ive been making the effort myself lately cus i don't want to be shy anymore i want to be the cool fun person i am inside, but i have made progress.