Relatives

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Malcontent, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

This is something I've never talked about before, but it bothers me a lot and it's difficult to admit.

My grandfather (though he's not worthy to be called that) was a rapist and a peodophile. He was my greatgrandmother's boyfriend and raped my nan when she was 13 and abused my mum (his own daughter) when she was a kid. Thankfully I've never met him, but ironically someone else ended up abusing me as well. I don't even know if he's alive, I have nothing to do with my mum's side of the family, but I'm still related to him. I didn't know all this until a few months ago and it's been on my mind ever since. I worry that I'll end up an evil man just like him. I'd never ever ever hurt a child or a woman like that, even the thought makes me feel physically sick. Yet bad blood still flows in my viens. I hate him, but he's a part of me. Does that make sense to anyone?

2. Nissa

Nissa Guest

It does make sense. I often have the same thoughts about myself. Will I become like the person who did this to me? Granted, I am not related to the one who raped me, but the thoughts are still there. Take care.

*Hugs* Nissa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.