Religion and faith

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Borrowed time*, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

Have you ever lost your faith? Did you manage to regain it?
    Have you ever changed religions?
    I ask because I was brought up as a catholic but lost my faith after I had my first holy communion. I have recently been thinking of attending church again but I'm not sure.
    I just feel there is something missing from my life at the moment. Maybe it's religion, maybe it's not but I'm willing to try.
  2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I was born into a Catholic family.

I guess you could say I lost my faith when I realized that having "faith" was nothing more than me being willfully ignorant.

I do not plan on gaining said "faith" back, not in anything.
  3. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Hi :) if something is missing maybe its God. :hug: You will only know if you try to reconnect yourself with Him. If you need to talk about this more feel free to pm me. I have been in a similar situation as you are now. Tc. :hug:
  4. Borrowed time*

I see what you are saying, I used to read the bible and so many of the stories I realised were just to control people. The bible to me was created by man to control men through fear. What I am looking for is something to believe in, something i can look to to understand my place in the world. I don't think I'm explaining it right sorry.
  5. Borrowed time*

Thank you
  6. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

You're welcome :hug:
  7. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

My dad was born into a catholic family. Then again, he was the only not much of a family :dry:. Far as I'm conernced, his parents only had him to shut up their stupid relatives.

Then he met my mum - born into a working class family of 5 kids, being somewhat athiest. I don't really know if dad ever believed the shit he was told as a kid(he went to a boarding school and saw some of the worst things). Maybe it's just the fact that he actually uses his brain and questions things. That or my mum is very against the church and everything it 'preaches'(we kinda laugh at the vatican :laugh:).

I used to actually learn about religion back in primary school...they had these books for kids and a chaplain would come in and help us do all the activites in them. He would tell us what the things mean in the bible but he left a shitload out looking back on it. But he never really told the bad bits, and I can remember shit all so meh.

I've never changed religions but I haven't really been apart of a religion. I haven't gone to a church in 6 or so years. And that was my first time(I went with a friends family that barely ever went just to see what it was like....I swear they're all insane there....).

Believe what you want in the end, I've never seen the point in going to a church because I believe in <insert religion>.

Have a look around and see what other organized belief systems are like. Take what you want from each, because all religion is is what you think :hug:.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.