Religion. **** you, God.

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by northface35, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. northface35

northface35 Guest

Does my title make you tremble? Did I just break a taboo no one would dare say? Oh please...

Does God exist? If so, state your legitimate reasons.
    If no, also state your legitimate reasons.

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Impossible to tell objectively. It's a matter of faith to make a statement either way.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2008
  3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

There is not one person who has not cursed God in their lifetime.
    Every single person on this Earth has wondered why God would do this to them? Why God would cause them any kind of suffering if He is loving?

We either have to accept that God does not exist - which leaves us lonely.
    God is sadistic - which leaves us scared.
    Or that we did this to ourselves. It is my belief God loves us so much he allows us to do whatever the fuck we want. And if that means killing ourselves and each other, he will still not intervene. If we want to be with Him, how lovely. If not, he waits forever not one second giving up hope.

No problem in cursing God. God cannot be hurt. F*ck God! Say it as often as you like. God is not vengeful or sadistic. Be okay with not believing or even hating God. I was there, we've all been there, or are there now, or simply do not believe.

:heart:

4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Why are you so angry at God northface. What has he done to you?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  5. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Doesn't exist, wishful thinking, the Norse gods were cooler, cake is better than pie, etc. etc.

6. pit

pit Well-Known Member

When I get mad, I curse God out the door. I really have a go at it. Like David Banner says:

"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

7. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

No, he does not.

My belief is, according to the bible, god flooded the earth because of all the sins.

What could've possibly been so bad back then? Maybe a few people stealing and whatnot. What's today? Bombs big enough to destroy the world? People flying planes into towers, war, I don't need to list the problems, we all know them. So why isn't this "god" doing anything about it? He either just doesn't care and laughs at the downfall of humanity... or he just doesn't exist.

8. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Which God are you so pissed off at?

9. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

The god of being polite and respectful perhaps?

10. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

Your title made me tremble:mad:

11. geolab101

geolab101 Well-Known Member

:blink::blink::blink:

it isn't a matter of faith to say you don't believe. it is a matter of a lack of faith. that's just silly.

12. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

"I don't believe" and "There is no God" are entirely different statements

13. Robin

Robin Guest

He exists, I've seen him :idhitit:

14. $MyName

$MyName Well-Known Member

No

Reasoning? the fact we're all here isn't a bad start.

15. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

My personal view is that we all got to where we are through evolution. That said, folks who totally deny the existence of God (whatever, and whichever 'God' this is), such as Richard Dawkins, and who make a big song and dance about it, irk me immensely. I'd say I'm an agnostic - but with an leaning towards evolutionism. Folks should be given the choice to choose whatever religion or belief they want, be that totally for-religion, or totally anti-religion, or anything in between. As long as they don't inflict it upon the rest of us, I've no problem.

16. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I believe in God and would not hesitate to share my beliefs with others. but i also respect their beliefs. As with anything, whatever stance you take, words can be twisted and turned to fit that stance. It is a matter of how you perceive things. Sometimes things cannot be proven. They exist on faith alone.

17. northface35

northface35 Guest

Speaking of religion matters, moderators, please unban me from chat. I have been banned for over a month now... I beg upon your knees.

He is right, it's a matter of faith to believe in such a Divine entity. To say that one is atheist does not take faith.

Human beings during the past centuries had no inklings of how the sun went up/down, tides come in/out, basically the nature workings of the earth. Today, we have a very clear comprehension of the universe. Mind you, beings cannot accept that fact that there is no such thing as an afterlife. Wishful thinking is what it is called, my friends.

Be rational you idiotic dunces.

18. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

If you believe in God, you're irrational.
    Therefore, if you are rational, you do not believe in God.
    Rationality indicates that God is irrational.

This is circular logic [i.e. if you accept it, you're irrational.]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2008
  19. Robin

Robin Guest

Actually, scientists may know more than they did a hundred years ago, however not all knowledge is empowering, instead they are just if not more clueless than they were before.

As for your access to chat, a courtesy PM was sent to you by myself informing you that a review had been set for Dec 3rd regarding your access to chat. You still retain full access to the forum however, I think the slower pace will be more beneficial to you in the mean time.

20. XXXXX

XXXXX Antiquities Friend

I can't say that I have ever cursed any Gods.

Again, no.

A bit of a leap that one!

Well, I guess if you had decided that your God exists and was like that you would be scared. Why you would decide your God was like that is a bit of a puzzle to me as loads to choose from - maybe invent (or "reinterpret") your own?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.