Religious Demographic

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by galalleni, Jul 4, 2008.

?

What religion do you believe?

1. Christian

8 vote(s)
    12.9%
  2. Islam

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  3. Judaism

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. Buddhism

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. Hinduism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. New Age/Modern Religion (e.g. scientology, etc.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Agnostic

22 vote(s)
    35.5%
  8. Atheist

18 vote(s)
    29.0%
  9. Traditional/Regional religion (e.g. Chinese Taoism)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other Religion NOS

9 vote(s)
    14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galalleni

galalleni Well-Known Member

Howdy All,

This poll is to see the demographic distribution of religion among people who are members of this site. I suspect there are primarily christians and atheists, although I could be very mistaken.

2. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

I'm an atheist but it isnt a religion. :thumbup:

3. galalleni

galalleni Well-Known Member

JohnADreams, You are correct - but I'm having trouble finding a way to restate the question for the poll. I suppose we should just assume Atheism is a religion in that it is the absence of religion (religion being defined as a belief system, e.g. to say I believe there is no god, or I do not believe in ritual practices is a religion of godlessness, or one of no ritualism aka atheism). Religion is a touchy subject - so if I've described anything incorrectly please correct me - and your right atheism is not really a religion, but for our sake we'll put it under that umbrella so to speak for the purposes of this poll..

4. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about anything..sometimes i am atheist, sometimes religious, sometimes i want to become muslim, sometimes christian or buddhist. recently i have become fascinated by satanism. but mostly i don't believe in a god.

5. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I put other cause I'm both Christian and Wiccan.

6. unbearable

unbearable Well-Known Member

Im agnostic, saying that im christian by default (area Im in) but family wise raised atheist, Im interested in Buddhism and a little wiccan but end of the day im definitely agnostic.

7. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

Agnostic. Yes, I am an Atheist without balls :laugh:

I lean mostly towards the Atheist side. I have no qualms believing in a god if one of those little bastards decides to show that they/he/she/it exists.

8. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

Agnosticism received my vote out of respect for logic.

9. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Seems like Atheist and Agnostic win

I like to mix a little bit of everything.

10. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Jedi :biggrin:

Kidding, Agnostic. Until a God or Goddess can be bothered showing themselves to me without some overly stealthy and spiritual means, i'm just going to carry on believing in nothing.
    Maybe invite me round to the afterlife for a coffee? Check it out, see what it's like and all. But noooo, 10 commandments on a rock, or pray to the east or something. All that power and all it does is take the piss! :mad:

11. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I have my own religion that primarily is based upon sex under true love and a future suicide pact with your loved one. I've posted about it several times on the forum; if anyone is interested, feel free to check it up.

12. Phoenix1985

Phoenix1985 Well-Known Member

13. I have no idea... I have been going to a Evangelical church for a while. Somedays I believe in God and somedays I think if there was a God and I am following Jesus' path then why does he punish me so.
    I believe that somewhere there is a higher power.. but I am not sure what.
    I am excited about dying so I finally find out what there really is.

14. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

mostly panthiest...or, sort of new age (which is actually really OLD age)
    cosmic muffin sort of a person. we're on our own. but something made this
    happen. don't know what. but it's all molecules basically. if all the molecules
    in all the rocks and puppy dogs and nuclear warheads and geraniums and
    okra and people...don't forget people..even though most of em are not as much
    use as okra...they're still part of this mess....ALL them molecules got together
    and agreed on a game plan, I think we might be able to see the big picture.
    I gotta feelin that'll be some time a comin. so, don't nobody hold yer breath or
    read too many nostrildamnus books :smile:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  15. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I was raised Catholic, I've lapsed into agnosticism and I'm seeing a Priest (so far to no avail) to rekindle my faith. It hurts my girlfriend that I have lost my faith and I have to say all my problems were easier to handle when I had my invisible/inaudible friends God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit to turn to. Also, just "knowing" I would one day be reunited in "Heaven" with departed loved ones was a great comfort.

Suicide was even a comfort because I believed my innate qualities and personality would continue in that beautiful place with my loved ones- even my dogs who I loved dearly.

Now I just believe everything goes black and in a way that is keeping me from escaping the horror of my depression, OCD, GAD and PTSD. Shit :sad:...

16. Emo_kitty

Emo_kitty Account Closed

I am Muslim

17. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

The universe is my religion. I believe in a little bit of everything and I don't think limiting my self to one denomination will correctly define the broad scope of my beliefs.

Every religion has something good.
    Every religion has something bias or faulty.

18. XXXXX

XXXXX Antiquities Friend

I am FSM.

And an atheist or Heathen for the rest.

19. Sir_William

Sir_William Member

Humanist / Agnostic here :cool:

20. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

In God I believe ... but I don't trust Her.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.