Religious discussion: The misinterpretation of Abraham

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Jack Rabbit, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Rabbit

Jack Rabbit Well-Known Member

I think everybody else is wrong about the importance of the story of Abraham. You know, where God tells Abe to take Isaac (his son) up on a mountain and sacrifice him.
    The lesson that is taught is that Abe was rewarded for his faith and lived happily ever after.
    Wrong.
    At the beginning of the story, God speaks to Abraham. Once Abraham binds Isaac and prepares to sacrifice him, God sends an angel to stop him. AHA! God won't speak to Abraham anymore. Abraham screwed up royally. The parent's job is to protect the children. Abraham failed and so God turned his back on Abraham. What he should have done is to accept God's wrath and protect his child. Further indication that I am correct and everyone else wrong, is that Abraham was never allowed to return home - he was forced to relocate after this story.

2. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

God: Kill your son for me.
    Abe: Yes master.
    God: No! It was a joke man.
    Abe: But....you're God.....you're not supposed to joke around.

:laugh:

3. Jack Rabbit

God jokes around quite a lot. What was the Book of Job, but a bar bet between God and Satan?
    or
    How can you look at man and say God doesn't have a sense of humor?

4. kbp

kbp Active Member

Anyone who hears a voice that tells him to kill his son and he actually does it is insane and needs to be put away.

5. Jack Rabbit

I actually met a guy on a psych ward who had an angel tell him to kill his children. He was wise enough not to, but he still ended up on the ward. :blink:
    It was this guy that first started me thinking about the story of Abraham.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.