Religious funadmentalists now doing robocalls to save people

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by flowers, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flowers

flowers Senior Member

OMG of all people to call. I listened for a long time while different verses from scripture were read in attempt to save me. And yes, the word "saved" by "our lord and savior Jesus Christ" was said many times. If I waited long enough I am sure I would have been prompted to push a number to have a live person come on and take my name and phone number. I wanted to do that to ask them if they cared that they were calling the home of a Buddhist or Muslim or Jew. Or if they cared that I am on the national do not call list.

I did not know where to put this. I wanted to put it in the let it out area of the forum. But this seemed more fitting. Simply because religions subject matter is triggering. I know people like discussions about bible here. So here it is.

I hung up after about 5 minutes. He seemed to be showing no signs of wrapping up reading from scripture. I think I wasnt saved. I have a feeling they will call back again. I will try to talk to someone then. So I can tell them that I can help them lower their interest on their credit card.... if they act quickly.

Sadly there was no phone number on the Caller ID. So I cannot report them to the federal do not call registry as I report the phishing calls I get. I gotta say that peddling fundamentalist religion by phone is a new one for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I once had the joy of Jehovah Witnesses on my door, who, when told I was catholic, immediately dissed every fundamental tenant of my faith, even going so far as to introduce me to Gareth, who was once a catholic.
    I informed Gareth he was damned :p and should get himself to confession immediately, then told the rest of them that old testament bashers were not Christians and to remove their sorry arses from my door!

They did come again, and Mole went one better than me (he was 7 at the time) by opening the door and saying "sorry we're Satanists" and promptly shutting the door. LOL!

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I wish proselytizing wasn't part of what evangelists do. If/when I want, I can find a church of MY choice to enlighten me. Think of the evangelists' phone bills: If they're calling on God's behalf from Heaven, that's really long distance!

My ex used to tell Jehovah's Witnesses that he was a "Seventh Day Horizontalist." Another time, we walked by the Scientology recruitment place here, and when the person tried to talk the ex into doing some psych/mental test, he screamed out, "Leave my brain alone!"

4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

oh dear, it saddens me when I hear about things like this, it really does. One thing I have learned is that God never does "cold calling" - people invented that and must think it's a good idea. I apologise to you all profusely on their behalf, but then I probably don't have the right to do that - but I am sorry for any Bible-bashing-bullying tactics anyone has ever encountered. :sosad:

5. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I hope that doesn't give Jehovah Witnesses ideas; when it's raining, sitting in a call centre must beat preaching door to door lol

6. youRprecious!

and.... Jesus wept

7. flowers

flowers Senior Member

the robocall said those exact words. no difference. Need to unsubscribe from the thread. Sorry

8. youRprecious!

Maybe though, (probably, hopefully?) in another context. I'd like to hear it for myself - were you able to reply to the robocall, or was it just a monologue? Thank you for starting the thread anyways, sorry you have unsubscribed.:(

9. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

So there are telemarketers for religion now? I have never heard this before.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
  10. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

It saddens me too. I suspect the Mormons, or JW's.

11. AnaNg

AnaNg Antiquities Friend

I wouldn't put it past some of the evangelical groups in my area. We've had several of them come to our door to invite us to their particular church, armed with leaflets and their Bibles. The JWs come to our door about once every three months or so, despite our having told them every time they come that we are Christians and very happy in our Catholic faith. You'd think they would give up after a two or three tries.

I am sorry for the robocallers, flowers. That really is horrible. I can't imagine they're going to get many converts from cold-calling that way. More to the point, they'll likely push people farther away. :( I'm sorry they upset you. (((((hugs)))))

~Ana

12. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

Being an astrologer, naturally astrology helps me to find a better understanding of this theme. Here are a few of my reflections on it:

The masculine Fire sign Sagittarius rules vast topics like higher education of all kinds, among them religions and philosophies. Fire in this sign is of a spiritual nature and is said to burn more mellow than in the other Fire signs. Do not be deceived by this though! Although the fire burns in a different way in Sagittarius, it can turn into the most destructive one of all. By the time it reaches this sign, even an unevolved soul has its learning from the Aries and Leo experiences under its belt.

However, when the Sagittarian fire unites itself with the negative aspects of these two signs, the result can be worked out on two fingers; it can be an especially lethal combination in the context of religions. Just look at the state of our world now and see for yourself how the push, drive, enthusiasm, over-confidence, arrogance and intolerance of Aries, ruled by Mars, the God of war, comes together with the abundance of creative ideas of Leo. Now, take a look at the weapons arsenal of our world and you can see what happens when they are applied to means of destroying each other.

To this day, there is much evidence in our world that a small amount of knowledge is indeed a dangerous thing. All along it seems to have been very much part of unevolved human nature that having got hold of one small corner of God’s truth, we believe to have found the answer to everything. In such cases the Sagittarian fire may express itself as religious fanaticism that is willing to go on the rampage and turn us into a crusader.

Carried away by the missionary zeal of our still limited vision of life we then allow ourselves to be guided by the dogma and creed of religions, whose teachings could have long lost most of their validity for the times we live in. Either we choose such a belief system consciously in this lifetime or, unbeknown to our earthly self now, we do so before physical birth in the world of spirit. Another expression is the priest who blesses those who go to war and the weapons for maiming, killing and suppressing others.

From God’s Nature And Our Own

13. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

(Luke 10:7 KJV) And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house. -- quote of Jesus Christ

Christians are to follow the teachings in the bible. Jesus instructed not to go house to house. The disciples were to find a household of peace that would receive them, then they were to stay in that house teaching that household.

Christians are later instructed in the bible to be ready to give a reason for their faith. This is a personal testimony. Robocalls are not personal. Robocalls are rude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.