Religulous

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by pit, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I just saw Bill Mahr's new movie, Religulous. It's very funny and shoves the light of reason up the Godtards' asses. Check it out.

2. Dzinger18

Dzinger18 Member

I would actually love to see that as well. Personally, I'm not religious at all, and like most Catholics I've been raised to believe what I'm told, when I've always looked through it and questioned it. When I graduated high school and was finally away from the clutches of that religion, I've completely stopped following any religion, and personally have found myself stronger and happier living this way. I think we are part of a greater wisdom than we will ever understand. A higher order, call it what you want. It doesn't punish, it doesn't reward, it just is...for a little while. :smile:

The unfortunate thing I find with most religions, is they take you as soon as your born. Before you have a choice, or really any rational thought, your already being told what you have to believe. To me, that's just plain ignorant, and I strongly believe that everybody has a right to choose what they want to believe in, whether it be your common superstitions like the 4 leaf clover, or one of the many Gods that have been written about throughout history. Hell, create your own God if you want, if it makes you happy to believe and worship in something, go nuts, but I wont be following it.

3. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Ah, a self important, knowitall asshole, Ill make sure to avoid this movie if someone like you enjoyed it :smile:.

4. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

I concur.

5. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Guys and gals. Please respect each other's beliefs - and keep the insults to a minimum. Better yet, don't insult each other at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2008
  6. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

you sound like you are pissed off about something, which I can understand.
    I think "Godtard" is sorta questionable. not offensive to me personally,
    but I can see other people taking it like a sort of a slam on themselves.

if the movie is funny, it's funny. not much point in antagonzing folk who
    may be religious and hence, think you are calling them names.

what's wrong?PM me if you want. take it easy there, pit. you're ok...

7. JustSam

JustSam Well-Known Member

Seriously?
    I don't mind people making fun of my religion. Whatever. enjoy your fill
    But those "radicals" they probably make fun of in the film do not represent me. Please dont group me together with them.

And second of all, when did christianity all the sudden become the worst religion in the whole world? Please tell me this probably unintelligent movie has at least the decency to poke fun at others too?
    Or do we only like to sit in our self-righteous places and look down on others who are different?
    O but wait, isn't that what you got all pissed at us "close-minded", "Godtards" anyway?
    I don't go shoving my beliefs on you. I'd appreciate if you didnt insult one of my reasons to live at times.
    Gah. Maybe you oughta think about opening your o so liberated minds once in a while too huh?

whatever. you'll probably just come back at me with one of those, "o just like a christian" comments.

8. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

o so liberated minds(s) plural? I think the OP only has just the one mind. oops! it's
    easy to start making plurals from singulars and conspiracies out of one post. easy
    mistake, we all tend to do that to a certain extent :smile:

just thought I'd point that out for the sake of not doing this...

9. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

When O' when did people in this place become so disrespectful to each other :mad:

Most people on here get pissed on fromm a great height in real life, they don't need it here! This is supposed to be a place of support:dry:
    Less of the insults ~PLEASE!!!!! (godtard indeed :rant: yeah nice :dry:)

10. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

The movie does look at other religions besides just Christianity, but you have to understand that since the main audience is in North America, Christianity is the largest group, so it's going to lean towards that.

I'd like to see this movie because it seems like it's not making fun of people who have faith but rather those that follow all the made up rules and perverted interpretations of the main idea. The radicals and blind followers. Seems like Bill's trying to point out the difference between faith (which is important) and stupidity (which there is far too much of).

11. JustSam

JustSam Well-Known Member

ugh. you get my point. i'm sorry if i wrote before i went off to bible study.
    not enough time to check over, please persecute me

12. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

actually, I didn't get your point. I guess I do now. so it was a typo. my mistake.
    no persecuting necessary. sorry!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.