reliving the past....MT....

Status
Not open for further replies.

amis

Antiquitie's Friend
the flashbacks and memories are back after a month off..
the hands of the abusers can be felt constantly on my body..
poking, prodding, rubbing, pinching, hurting
pain everywhere from their tortures...
i lived through this once..can i do so again?
do I want to?

i wander alone in the darkness

if an amis cries out in pain
does anyone hear her?

I can hear you amis. I know exactly what you mean. No, you don't want to go through it again. Never. But the mind has a way of openinig up and making us until we learn how to restore those memories and put them away in a safer place. Flashbacks are so hard hun. I could feel them as I read your post. :hug:

If you need to talk sometime amis, you can PM me. I am more than willing to do what I can for you. As I said, I have been and am still going down this same road. The journey has been long, but I know the end is there somewhere. Take care hun. :hug:

R

reborn1961

Flashbacks are difficult. I have had periods when I have them alot then times when I don't. I am learning through therapy how to cope with them. To just know that it is just a memory, it is not happening, it is in the past. I have learned to acknowledge the thoughts and feelings then to place them away. I think each woman has to find what works best for them in handling flashbacks and then work on a plan on dealing with them as they come up.

I am afraid I can't tell you they eventually go away, they don't, but you can reach a place inside of you where you can manage those thoughts and feelings and keep them from overwhelming you. Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00