Relocation PTSD

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by perfectempire, Jun 9, 2009.

1. perfectempire

perfectempire Active Member

Why is there not much info on it? How come everything I read about the effects of relocation on children concludes that most kids are OKAY???!!!

One of my parents took a better job, doubling their pay, but it meant that we had to move 500 miles away from everything/everyone we knew. I begged them not to do it. I cried, I pleaded, I tried everything. But we moved anyway. So much for the "family decision". At 11 years old I found myself in the most miserable and lonely state of being. I knew I was depressed. Downward spiral from that point on. It took more than 8 years for me to make friends. EIGHT YEARS!!!

What's wrong with me that I still feel fucked over by my parents' decision to move??? I'm 22 now! According to the "research" and books on moving, I should be happily indulging in my ability to adjust. Well I'm not. And here's what I want to say:

Fuck you. Fuck you for not listening to me. I warned you! I said "this house is my body. My eyes are its windows and its pipes are my veins. This forest is my soul. This land is my foundation. You cannot rip me away from this place. I will not leave!" and in many ways I never did. I've spent 10 years searching for my childhood. And 5.5 of them recovering from my first attempt at my last resort. And you said "well at least your brother had a reason...". Lady, you have no idea.

They say it takes a village to raise a child. Where's my FUCKING village?!