Relying on yourself or others?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by kpmth3, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kpmth3

kpmth3 Member

Okay, we all know that, as human beings, we are imperfect and make a ton of mistakes. We also know we have only so much that we can actually control. I am on an emotional roller coaster ride because I don't know where my life is headed and I am just finding exits that just temporarily mask the real issue.

Having been raised in sort of a Christian household--another topic in itself--I think that because we tend to rely on other people and others, when they themselves are not even in control, leads to disappointment, anxiety from uncertainty, and just sad results. I mean how many times have people lied to you, hurt you and just flat out rejected you. To rely on people that are like me is just hurtful. I guess I want to challenge the people who are suffering to find Jesus, and see how that turns out. Maybe, there is a reason for all this suffering. Maybe it's time for a change, if not THE change. Thanks, and I hope this will help somewhat.

2. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

Your right kpmth3! Other people kick you in the teeth sometimes! Life seems a huge struggle at times. We do need others sometimes though, we can't go this life alone, it would be a very hard and lonely place. You feel as though you are on emotional roller coaster at the moment because of all the uncertanties... am I correct in saying this?

3. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I've been told that I rely too much on other people sometimes...guess that's what depression and suicidal thoughts do to you..... :huh:

4. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

How do you see relying too much on others?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.