remembering nan and grandad

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by crookxshanks, Jun 4, 2009.

1. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

last year my nan and grandad, from different sides of the family, died close together. i just wanted to start this thread in rememberance of them and to say that im always thinking of them. thankfully they both died of the same thing.. just their heart stopping.. rather than being in pain but they were two of the most loving genuine grandparents you could ever hope to meet. nan was always there with words of advice and a cup of tea whenever i was down and grandad was always the practical one which you were entranced by when he took on any project whether it was for me or the house

love you both always and miss you both so much

rest in peace
    nan - 18 march 1921- 24 may 2008
    grandad - 19 december 1938 - 2 june 2008
  2. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

.... your remembrance is very lovely.

i am sure both of these cherished grandparents, loved you very much, and knew you as the treasure you are.

i hope you always feel their love and care, surrounding you in all that you do.

3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Not so good with words just now, but I do care hun.

:arms: xx
  4. triggs

triggs Account Closed

i'm sorry you lost two loved ones so close together
    i hope you're okay :hug: remembering the good times is wonderful
  5. cinZamurai

cinZamurai Well-Known Member

I agree with Triggs, remembering the good times and honoring the memories of the time you got to spend with them is nice thing. I´m thankful you had them in your life Mand. They seem to have been very warm and good people =) :hug:
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Mand your memorial to them both is lovely.. It shows how much love there was between you..They will always be with you in heart and mind..I have to say I am a little jealous because I barely knew my grandparents..
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry for your losses :hug: