Reoccurring or weird?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by thebaronspell, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebaronspell

thebaronspell Well-Known Member

Two weird things keep reoccurring in my life

• Odours or smells remind me of a certain place or event from years gone by.

• I will briefly remember somebody from a long time ago and bump into them within a matter of weeks or days.

Recently was shopping in town and walked past a local café and the smell coming from inside the door reminded me instantaneously of an arcade/museum that used to be up the road from my where I then lived like 10-15 years ago and I was very young as well. I think the smell I remember was of chips/fries and something else which had vanilla included. This happens to me quite often.

The chances of me picking somebody at random and bumping into them are slim but it happens if I have a deja vu moment and remember an old friend and then out of the blue they will add me on facebook or my mum will ask me to guess who she saw whilst shopping that day, the parent/s of the person I was thinking about. Or either I bump into them and remember them on the spot and say hi to them or vice versa.

2. LogDork

LogDork Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Idk, a neighbor on one side of me is shooting a gun (at 10pm) and the neighbors on the other side just shot off some rockets. Ho hum, just another monday night on grayback mountain...
    Weird? I dont think so.
  3. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I get alot of 'smell' memories and dejavu XD

And yeah... it's weird.
    I consider it fate if it's good and just bad luck if it's bad~ otherwise I'd probably get freaked out alot because of the constant dejavu and memories of things from out of nowhere.
  4. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

This happens to me a lot. Like dejavu but backwards! Im not really sure if its just coincidence or weird. Or both!
  5. oval

oval Well-Known Member

i can rememebr events or places by a certain smell too. thats why i stick with the same deodorant, lotions, perfume, body wash, toothpaste and so on xD
  6. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I get this almost constantly, but even more so with other things too, and no it's not weird. I believe it's just down to the fact we use hardly any of our brains while we're awake, conciously, at least, and the sub concious picks everything up and stores it. Then when something happens, it's all recalled. As for the bumping into someone and then having your parent say something about them, I get things like that too but don't have an explanation yet. However it happens to so many that it can't be weird. The dream like dejavu is because we use a huge percentage of our brains while we sleep, but again everything is stored in the sub concious. It's possible that our brains are strong enough to sense the future based on the things that have already happened (Free will vs. Determinism), but this is for the soap box, not this topic.

Without going into too much detail, no I don't think it's weird at all, and even if there is no explanation, it doesn't mean it's odd. It just means it's one of those mysteries in life we'll probably never work out! But hey, if we knew everything, life would be really fecking boring.

That's just my two cents.. and a little more..
  7. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

Naw not weird :3 makes life interesting.
    I have this body lotion that reminds me of
    The game final fantasy 7 because I was obsessed
    With it when I was 13 and had it in my backpack
    With my lotion all the time. Just associate the lotion
    With playing the game lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.