Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by imreadytofall4613, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imreadytofall4613

imreadytofall4613 New Member

I reopened my deepest scar a few days ago and am thinking about it again. I have been trying to stop for my mom over the past few months, but stress is building up and I can't seem to stop. The scar tissue won't go away no matter what I do and there still is some infection. I hate to dissapoint my mom, but it just helps me. My other scars are healed fairly well. I don't know why this one I keep opening up to make deeper.
  2. Lady E

Lady E Well-Known Member

:Hug: Was there a particular event or feeling that set you off to open your scar? But scars do take time to heal and will eventually fade. Maybe trying a little cocoa butter but also be sure to care for your cuts because infection can sometimes make scarring worse.
    Your mom cares about you a lot and she just wants you to be healthy and happy. Maybe when you are feeling distressed sitting down and talking to your mom would help. She may be able to help you make a plan for when you feel badly or an alternative.
    If you ever need to talk, you can always pm me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.