Reorganization and Forum Changes

Discussion in 'Forum News & Updates' started by NYJmpMaster, Jan 12, 2015.

1. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Over the next week to 10 days there may be a lot of things moved around on the Forum Home Page. We are going to try to streamline the page some so there are fewer forums and maybe a few extra sub forums or some merged forums. The reason is so the site will load faster, particularly on mobile devices, and so there will be less scrolling needed to see things on the home forum page. While feedback is always welcome, a lot of things are limited in what we can do by the vbulletin program/format we use so it is more of a shuffling than major changes.

Remember to subscribe to threads that are important to you and you will still be able to find everything, or if you are looking for a specific thread you can search recent posts by the member to help find things while they are being moved. If you experience any problems with dead links or not found errors please let us know.

Thank You
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Sounds good, thanks Ben :)
  3. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

Thank you Ben. Have a great day.
  4. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Looking good! Much easier to navigate from my smartphone.
  5. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

I like the changes very much. They are subtle and pleasant. Thank you.
  6. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Well done! I have noticed the tweaks and I like them. :)
  7. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Really glad you like what's been done so far! :) I've noticed the site is easier to load on my phone.
  8. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

This is a great change - indeed!

I've noticed it looks more organized on the main page, and it is faster, and I"m no longer having the log in/out problem :)
  9. JMG

JMG Well-Known Member

Where is the arcade? If it's not here anymore can someone (a mod is prob. best lol) tell me why it is not here anymore? I loved playing tetris in there... :(
  10. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Instead of a reviews section could we have sub forums of Music, TV/Film, Books, Gaming, Sport?
  11. Hi, what's happened to the chat room?? Is it gone for good?
  12. NYJmpMaster

The chat room is not gone- in trouble shooting is tutorial about how to use chat - if you cannot see chat after looking at tutorials let us know.
  13. Thanks, NYJ.
    I suppose it's pointless talking about since we met up in the chat room but it might help someone searching for the chat room for me to say that there's a "tab" at the lower right hand corner of the screen here (not sure about mobile devices) but it's similarly placed as you would find on that crappy social networking site, facebook!
  14. NYJmpMaster

Have said that about 70 x, with poor effect so now i send to where is a picture showing it, as well as directions so that can avoid the common problems like losing messages from multiple tabs , and those sort of things.
  15. Yoko Odinhart

Yoko Odinhart Well-Known Member

Not sure whether there's already a thread with questions regarding these new features, but I was wondering if there will be the option to display the newest post first in a thread.

If not, I can do without. It's just a little time consuming to scroll through old posts, especially in a journal.
  16. NYJmpMaster

I do not see an option for changing the display order of posts within the thread, however at the top of each thread their is a shortcut you can click to take you directly to the first unread post so you do not have to scroll by hand.

View attachment 70

You can also set a new "start date" for unread posts and threads by clicking the "mark all forums read" if you have not visited for a while and do not want to look at thing written 2 weeks ago or just know you will not catch up= after marking all forums read it will show new from that point forward....

View attachment 71

Hopefully this will help some even though not precisely what you were looking for.
  17. sarwanov

sarwanov New Member

Sounds Great.Thanks a lot Dear Ben.
  18. Raven

Raven Guest

Damn, its come a long way, must say thing's seem stable after so many years and dang it's nice my old grump butt can sit and say yep it works.
    2 people like this.
  19. Lula Belle

Lula Belle Member

I had no idea this forum was so complicated. I have never been to any forum, but where an I post my thoughts & get feedback. All these rules & official updates could cause people to simply say, "forget it."
  20. Sea Sparkles

Sea Sparkles Well-Known Member

Site looks great!!! Thanks for the upgrade :)