Repeal the Bill

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Mikeintx, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

2. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

oh noes government paid health care ...everybody run and hide!!!! :hiding:

3. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

It saddens me that I didn't see nearly as much enthusiasm for repealing the US PATRIOT Act. Where were these anti-big government protesters then? Not talking about you by the way Mike :p

In my opinion the bill is undoubtedly flawed, but I think it should be tweaked (albeit a lot) rather than repealed outright.

4. Mikeintx

I signed a petition for that also zurk, as did many people. Damn gubermint :(

5. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Yeah, where were the protestors when Elena Kagan blocked 9/11 victims' families from suing Saudi royalty for financially aiding the hijackers? They were nowhere to be found. And they're STILL nowhere to be found when this scumbag is about to become a SCOTUS Justice, and will remain one for likely the next 40 years/the rest of her and our lives.

6. Mikeintx

7. Zurkhardo

I find it odd that the site states rather melodramatically that free speech is dead, even though it's encouraging a petition, which by definition is a form of free speech. Even it's very existence as a public site contradicts the claim.

I had no doubt you signed against the Patriot Act Mike. Unlike a lot of these anti-big government types around today, you don't have an ideologically-based double-standard.

8. Mikeintx

lol i didnt look at the site zurk, i just googled it.

And yes Zurk, I guess I am a lil more in the center than some ;)

9. Zurkhardo

I figured that too, knowing you. I just still found it odd.

And that's good my friend, we need more centrists, be they from the left or right. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.