repeated thoughts

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by killmenow, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killmenow

killmenow Member

an acquaintance had inappropriate sexual intentions towards me and it had made me fearful of him. i know he can't and won't hurt me logically, since i have ceased contact with him. but i can't help but to think of him...so that i can defeat him. any suggestions to quiet my mind?

Ive tried framing it logically but it didn't work. Im still worrying about it. Is this my GAD's doing? how can i quiet it? do i just have to keep repeating it like a mantra?

2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Sometimes distraction from the same thoughts over and over gives your mind a break for the time being. Do you have something like a hobby you enjoy?

3. killmenow

killmenow Member

yup drawing...
    keep feeling helpless & having recurring thoughts and its screwing me up
    is this something to expect with my condition?

4. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I'm sorry this happened, and that you are still having issues with it.

Is it something you have, or is willing to talk to a therapist or counselor about, to put it to rest?

Sometimes when I have bad thoughts I try to make my hands busy with an easy task like colouring or stitching while listening to very loud music and try to focus on the songs instead. As a form of mindfulness or meditation.

I don't know if that can help you.

GAD (I assume General Anxiety Disorder? Sorry I suck at the English abbreviations) I think it is very likely that this is a symptom... but that doesn't mean you shouldn't work on these thoughts with a professional who can help you further.

5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Yea its expected with those GAD a redriection or distraction needs to be implemented over and over as a part of self coping skills or it'll just take control of your though process IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.