Replacement

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by PressedIn, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PressedIn

PressedIn Well-Known Member

I have replaced my cutting with smoking (for now). Which would you prefer?

2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Hmm, well they are both highly addictive and can cause harm to your body. The thing with self harm is the scars are on the outside whereas with smoking the scars are on the inside. Self harm you are at risk of doing some serious harm if you cut yourself too deep whereas with smoking the long term affects are kinda delayed.

If I had to choose I guess I'd say smoking, even though neither are healthy and I wouldn't encourage either of them. I hate smoking anywayz.

3. kisskott

kisskott New Member

I started cutting agian.. a while ago and then when I was pritty drunk I went and bought a pack of smokes and the day after when I felt like cutting I found the ciggarets in my pocket. And a thought i'll go for a walk and have a smoke insted. Sense then I have been using cigarettes as a "cure" but I can't say witch thing is the best but atleest I don't have to walk around with a arm that looks like it's been in a window accident....

4. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Yeah, she is right......better to try and find an addictive thing like being an SF addict as I am lol

:hug:

xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.