Reputation Ruined by Malicious Lies - Don't Know What to Do and Barely Hanging On

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by SlanderEffects, Sep 18, 2012.

1. SlanderEffects

SlanderEffects New Member

I don't want to write a huge post.

In a nutshell this is what has happened. Just about 6 years ago now a small group of people got together and started spreading malicious lies about me. These were people from a sport club that I am involved with (not so much anymore because they have successfully ruined my reputation to the worst degree.)

Because I was a new comer to there club and the sport and most everybody there has known each for several years, some even 10 to 20 years or more. They made it very clear that all their stories must match. They then planted a seed that I was a liar so that anything say has been discredited because they had already called me a liar.

This whole thing was a very intelligent and very well calculated and crafted piece of social engineering which was made to destroy my reputation and to get me out of the sport that I love so much.

I find it hard to believe that I have even gone this far and signed up here.

I've tried to make a case with the police so I can press charges. The police tell me to contact a lawyer. Lawyers don't like to touch slander and libel cases because they are hard to prove. I've also contacted a Private Investigator to try to help me but they are over 400 dollars an hour.

It's been 6 years and not a day goes by about me hating what has been said about me. I cannot believe how powerful only a few people can be and how easily they can ruin a reputation.

Imagine being incarcerated for a murder that you didn't commit. The whole world would believe the media and would want you as a murderous piece of scum and trash to be locked up forever. Even though you were innocent.

Imagine how that would feel.

That's how I feel every single day. Every minute. What' they're saying is not true.

There's nothing I can do about it and as time goes on the lies solidifies itself even more amongst them.

I'm trapped and I'm suffocating. I can't talk to anybody about it. If I do it's just glazed over.

I'm a happy, fun, easy going person and now because of all these lies. I'm destroyed. I hate it. I hate everything about it. There is nothing I can do to change anything because they won't believe me.

Please help.
  2. ACPhilosopher

ACPhilosopher Active Member

It doesn't sound like a very fun sport to be involved in, if that's the way people behave. Do you really want to stay tangled up with that group? Is there another club you could go to, or a different sport you could take up? Can you move to a different town and get them out of your life completely? If you get them out of your life, in a few years you'll barely remember how upset you are right now. Things like this can really make you sick so the best thing to do is create a whole different life without these people in it.
  3. Nothing hurts more than malicious lies. I know. I once left a job for a better one. I don't know if my ex boss deliberately damaged her own property, or if someone else did and she just used it as a convenient way to hurt me, or if maybe she really was the victim of a crime and thinks I did it. Whatever the case, she told some horrible lies about me in court and I wound up serving a year in prison for something I had no idea happened.

And thinking back, it isn't even the year of my life that was wasted, nor is it the mess my life has become, that hurts me the most. It's those horrible things she said, the way she'd go up there and maliciously LIE about me. That's what hurts most of all, because I could not imagine doing that to someone.
  4. J185

J185 Member

What was the lie told about you???? And was this lie only spread throughout that bar you would go to????? What sport were you talking about also???
  5. J185

J185 Member

Or what sport club?? I was thinking sports bar for some reason lol