Requesting help regarding a friend

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by HummingBird, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HummingBird

HummingBird New Member

Hi to everyone. Very worried about a friend who's really down/just come out of a very abusive relationship and has no family ... went round to see her today and noticed a lot of pills. I confronted her and she said she'd just got her monthly repeat prescription, not sleeping well at all, back playing up ... but something doesn't sit right with me. Talked through a lot with her, and while confronting her, got chance to have a good look at the pills ... 6 packets of Amitriptyline 10g, about 180 pills?; co-codamol ... 6 packets, which would be about 200? And Ibuprofen and other pills; I'm not sure what these were. I'm sure there's something up, and wanted to urgently ask, as if those pills can kill her, as I'm thinking they probably can, I'm going round there straight away to remove them, whether she likes it or not, and to tell her GP if needs be, to take her there in the morning. Seen her go through so much, and she's great. Don't want anything to happen to her. Hope to hear back soon as is possible. Best regards, Cat

2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

You sound like a good friend, I hope your friend receives the support she needs and deserves. We're here if you would like to talk anymore. :hug:

3. Aye, I'm no expert on medication but 380+ pills for a monthly prescription seems a little excessive, that's 12 a day. I wouldn't go to her GP without confronting her first though, some people might react badly to things like that, like going behind their back. But I think the ideal thing to do would be to either try and stay at her house for a few weeks, or invite her back to stay at your place, just so she has someone around, not to keep watch on her but mainly to comfort her and make sure she isn't lonely. But definately talk to her about how she's really feeling, voice your concerns, don't just run in snatching up all the pills and run out again, and remember she does still need some of them at least for their real purpose, the back pain and sleep - without sleep she's gonna get a lot worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.