Research and Devolopment

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Lovecraft, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

Note: I'm addressing this to those that cannot be dissuaded from their desire to bite the dust, and do not mean this to endorse suicide. I do endorse real contemplation and attempts to fix that root issue causing suicidal ideation.

Does anyone else here actually do some digging and window shopping for how they may intend to do the deed? Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems like so many people here aren't realizing exactly what their method of death would entail; how painful it is or what could go wrong, that sort of thing.

Perhaps it's just how I am. I usually get all the information I can on something before doing, regardless of its frivolity or seriousness.

Really, I'm just asking all of you out there to do the work and not end up waking in a hospital room crippled. Too many people rush their suicide, as I did, and end up failing.

I say this because if I, others or yourself cannot show you a sufficiently painless life, I ofr one would strive to give you a sufficiently painless death.

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I think this is a legitimate answer to your thread. I came to SF purely through serendipity. I was looking for ways to "do it", because I thought the one I had was too violent and might hurt someone else by accident.

I thought I might find some answers on painless, fool-proof methods which would guarantee nobody else could be hurt.

After I signed in, I heard from so many people who felt the same way, but were offering help. I've told a couple of people here that I was pretty close and so far this site is really helping me.

And, as you know, you are one of the people I speak with on a pretty regular, friendly, intelligent basis. I've never attempted and am truly sorry to hear that you have. But I'm so very glad that you weren't successful for the reasons I just mentioned. I hope I never have to come to you for the painless, sure-fire method you propose, but one never knows...

As I've told you before, I find you one of the most interesting people here. So I hope you stick around...as I do for all the others as well! But there are a few special ones who know who they are, yourself included, that are keeping me going! BTW, ordered Myth of Sisyphus from Amazon, should be here any day. That should start some interesting s**t.

3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Believe me, I have done very heavy research on methods.

4. Lovecraft

I'm also wondering how many of us around here really dig deep and look around because it seems to me that would be a - inaccurate perhaps, but still interesting - meter of just how sincere we are in actually are.

I know first hand that my doctor seems much more worried about me when I speak of more obscure methods in intimate detail than when I speak of generic ways to do it.

5. Regenesis

Regenesis Well-Known Member

Well,we can't all have guns to blow our brains off.

6. Lovecraft

My point exactly. Most of us here seem to default to the generic options like firearms. A little research can show you a myriad of ways to do it - no impossible to attain materials or anything.

I find it disconcerting because people don't seem to understand the gravity of the proposition of suicide.

7. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I believe in extensive research for anything that interests you. Particularly items that permanently affect your standard of living. One such example is potential suicide methods.

I invested a lot of time and energy into my suicide methods. However intellectually comfortable I was with the effects ,during and afterward, of the method, I was ALWAYS swayed by my instinctual nervous or digestive reaction. You can prepare yourself for nausea or vomit, you can prepare yourself for intense pain, but experiencing the sensation overrode any element of control I thought knowledge before hand could resist.

To answer your second question: I have a rather extensive (for a laymen) knowledge of human anatomy -- most of it derived from the research of how we all die. I go through periods of acute suicidal compulsions, but the majority is chronic obsession. :laugh: I have a difficult time thinking of anything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.