Reset button

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by roksy, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roksy

roksy Well-Known Member

Is there a reset button for my life anywhere? Sometimes I feel that I had really good chances in life but at the same time I wish that I chose differently. For instance I had the opportunity to go to a good University and went on to earn an advanced degree but now, I'm in my 30s, I am realizing what I really like to do. Things would have been different if I knew what I really liked to study when I went to University. I would have really excelled (I excelled in my studies (it was horribly difficult) but I am not working in my degree). Now I am trying to do the things that I like but I am so tired physically that I am unable to work well. I am always tired, I might have developed a tremor from a dependence on Xanax, that every time I want to use my hands I remember it and can't focus so much.

Is there a reset button?

2. -Simon-

-Simon- Active Member

I wish there was, I would also take a completely different educational route. I studied what I was interested in but it's only these past few years I've developed a passion but its too late to go back and start again due to family commitments and lack of finances.

3. midnightstar

midnightstar Senior Member

Unfortunately the past is the past and can't be changed, are you getting any offline help apart from medication? :hug: Could you get disability benefit and do a bit of volunteering somewhere for one or two hours a week so you've got something to hold on for? :hug:

4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Yes, there is always the opportunity to find the reset button for our lives, roksy.........trouble is, we find it hard to believe. We can't see it, so we think it's not there. Our hard drive is wired a certain way and the Esc key seems to malfunction!

OK so that's probably not much help....... But the Ctrl+Alt+Del to it, to give a clear screen, starts with the belief that there is a reset button :)

5. roksy

roksy Well-Known Member

midnightstar,

It is actually the opposite. When I had to come back home and I was out of insurance my dad decided that he didn't want to pay my medication. He borrowed money from me to pay for my meds and then decided that he didn't want to give them back.

As for meds. I am off of them. I am tired of them and they are not working. My psychiatrist is not great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.