Resisting....

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Mandy1, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandy1

Mandy1 Antiquities Friend & Senior Member

Im resisting the urges with all the strength ive got,i no i can do this.

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Go Amanda!

3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Right behind you honey, you can do this :hug:. xx

4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

You can do this Mandy. You do have the strength and if you need more then we are with you all the way. Stay safe my friend.

5. Mandy1

I can do this,im sure i can,im not giving in this time,im not !!!!

6. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Good for you!

7. Mandy1

thanx but:unsure:

8. ~Claire

:arms:

Stay strong babe, we're here for you xx

9. Mandy1

I dont think i can do this,im a failure,the pain runs too deep and i cant talk about it,theres no point,never mind,whas a cut or two if it gets me through,dont waste your time replying.

10. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Why can't you talk about it?

It is a choice to harm yourself. If you choose to now, you can be proud of yourself for choosing not to for a while tonight. If you still want to fight then maybe try distracting yourself, keeping busy, getting out, or finding another way (A more positive way) to release what it is that is causing the need.

11. ~Claire

Talk to us hun.

You know you can pm me anytime xx

12. Mandy1

I cut because of sexual abuse i suffered as a child and a serious rape as a adult,the later i reported to the police,but they didnt find them,i feel at fault,what else can i say.

13. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

That's really horrific you had to go through that. Part of the sexual abuse is that they emotionally abuse you to believe it's your fault, but that doesn't mean it is actually your fault. In fact, it's not your fault in any way.

Have you had any professional help to help you deal with all that?

14. ~Claire

:console:

What happened to you was not your fault sweetheart. Is your cpn still coming daily?

:console:

15. Mandy1

Scum i feel it was my fault,i cant get rid of those feelings,no matter what anyone says i just cant,thats why im stuck in this mess.
    Claire,thanks,no cpn only coming once a week,they dont care im on my own,dont no what to do,except shut my door and give up.

16. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I know, and I wouldn't expect you to instantly believe that you weren't to blame, but with the right help, you should be able to understand more that it wasn't your fault. Have you had any help specific to sexual abuse survivors? Have you ever tried to going to a Rape Crisis Centre and maybe getting some help tailored specifically to someone who has been through horrific sexual abuse?

17. Mandy1

i cant do that scum thats the prob,thats why im stuck in this cycle of punishing myself.

18. ~Claire

I know it's hard hun, really I do, but you've done really well opening up here tonight.

Maybe it's time to get the psych & cpn to do the counselling/psychology referral?

19. Mandy1

ive asked for a referal,just got to wait,but in all honesty i dont think it will help,i havent the fight in me anymore,enougth said.

20. ~Claire

You owe it to yourself to try hun :hug:.

Please don't give up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.