Rest in Peace

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Painttheskyred, May 14, 2007.

1. Painttheskyred

Painttheskyred Well-Known Member

Hey everyone im just hear to say i lost my nan last week , and im finding it hard to deal with so i thought everyone that would like to could post back and say who they have lost and how it affected there lifes and what you guys did to deal with the problem at hand.

I dnt wanna anyone to feel pressured into saying anything they dnt want to .
    Im sorry if this affends some.

2. Jackson

Jackson Guest

you might want to move this to loved and lost

3. Painttheskyred

Painttheskyred Well-Known Member

I will leave it here.

4. Jackson

Jackson Guest

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. And don't worry about it, it's not offensive. That's one of the things this place is for.

5. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

:hug: Painttheskyred.

6. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

I'm so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and your family :hug:

7. becky82

becky82 Well-Known Member

I am really sorry to hear of your loss, were all hear for you if you need to talk. :hug:

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

First let me say how sorry i am for your loss. losing a loved one is never easy. I have lost too many in my lifetime, but since this is about your nan, I'll try what i can for you. My grandmother was a big part of my life. I thought she would be there forever, but I was wrong. When I lost her a part of me died with her. You need to give yourself time to grieve your nan. For each of us this time is different. We go through the stages of the grieving process as we are able to handle them. It is one that cannot be forced or rushed. Some of the things I did and still do to cope are things like writing down good memories as i think of them. Then each time i feel really sad, i read one and can enjoy the times we had together. I also keep a bottle of her favorite handlotion around. She used to love to knit and crochet. All her blankets had this scent. I can use the lotion and remember. On her birthday I eat her favorite meal. Every so often I light a candle in her memory and spend a little time just talking to her, telling her how things are going, how much I miss her, etc. Start whatever traditions you feel comfortable with. I hope this helps you a bit. If you need to talk, I am here. Do not hesitate to contact me. :hug:

9. Cybrsk8r

Cybrsk8r Well-Known Member

Paintthesyred, I'm so sorry for your loss. Wish I could reach thru the screen and give you a big hug right now. :hug:

And Gentlelady. That was really beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2007
  10. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

So sorry to hear that hun, I feel for you, I can understand where you're coming from my grandparents were about the only family that were there for me I lost my grandfather and i'm afraid my gran won't be here too much longer. Please hang in there and remember i'm here for you anytime (well anytime i'm online, stupid internet!! :dry: ) :hug: :hug: :hug:

11. imheretohelp

imheretohelp Member

when i lost my grandmother i was very sad, i wanted to cry but couldnt abd i finaly cried nearly a week after she died. the thing which affected me most was that i 'bottled' up my sadness so i wouldnt have to see my mom cry, it is very important you dont do what i mentioned above, this lead to me having a brake down in front of my mom, she cried with me and that helped alot, still to this day i miss my granny, she died 10 years ago and i want to cry now as i write this post. i have 2 things to say both of which might help, dont ever bottle up a sadness or it will destroy you internally while you loo happy on the outside and i believe in every death there is a positive, when my granny died me and my grandfather became much closer, and when i lost my brother to suicide i became closer to every member of my internal family (what i mean by this is sisters,brothers and parents) and external family (what i mean by this is cousins and auntys and uncles) as they were all there to help. when my brother died that is the only time me and my dad just hugged eachother and cried and that felt good. with the death of your granny it will probaly become worse before it gets better, just make sure you never 'bottle' up a sadness